Google Wallet is Dead.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Google Wallet will not even open up if internet connection isn't available. Which is why it is dead unless they change that.

I didn't even want to use the Wallet function, I wanted to access my saved store Loyalty Cards, Wallet wouldn't even open just to access that function!

Is Google serious about Wallet? This App is totally ridiculous

I'm done with trying to get Google Wallet to work, took it off my phone, App sucks, don't waste your time.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Inside most gas stations, grocery's you cannot pick up cellular. It may work in New York but I live with the rest of humanity, a town of 150,000. I'm surprised Wallet can't work without internet then when it picks up, finished processing, especially since my account is already established. Wallet is poorly developed.

Plus, like I said, All I wanted was to access the Lyality Card barcode and the App wouldn't open because there was no internet, totally useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I think you are being a bit irrational, just because you couldn't get a cellular connection.

Posted via the Android Central App

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Google wallet is a website... How do you expect a website to work if no internet connection. If you are losing connection while in a store the provider is at fault..

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Trying to troll eh, oh well, I'm bored, Tap N Pay, read that very carefully. Tap N Pay, not hope you have a connection inside the big box store. And, can't even open the App to utilize a non-payment function, the Loyalty bar codes.... Duh. I guess since most every article about how hardly anyone is using Wallet, proves the point. Like I said, if it cannot function under any circumstance, with or without Internet, it will never catch on. Tap N Pay, yeah right. Your turn....

You are making no sense, an internet connected app does not work with an internet connection, so you say the whole service is a fail? How does that make sense?

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Google wallet is a website... How do you expect a website to work if no internet connection. If you are losing connection while in a store the provider is at fault..

Google Wallet is an App that is down loaded onto a smart phone, the problem is, GW isn't smart.

From GW home page, " Tap and pay with your phone
Step into a store where contactless payments are accepted to tap, pay and go. Purchases can be made with your Wallet Balance or with your preferred credit or debit card. "

It won't do that without an Internet connection which is stupid.

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Google Wallet is an App that is down loaded onto a smart phone, the problem is, GW isn't smart.

Step into a store where contactless payments are accepted to tap, pay and go. Purchases can be made with your Wallet Balance or with your preferred credit or debit card. "

Google wallet is a website that can be accessed by way of direct internet logon or through an app. https://www.google.com/wallet/
The app only gives you access through your mobile device..

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Your lack of knowledge of how the app actually works is disturbing.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Google Wallet is definitely not dead. Actually now that Apple Pay has been activated, Google wallet should get more use.

Written by the mighty S-pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
It obvious how it work's, it doesn't take into account real world situations, the last I want to do is walk into a store and then stop to try and figure out, am I connected, if no, how can I connect, then observe wifi function, can I get a wifi, yes/no, does the store require a password if they do have wifi, most stores that I go into cannot get cellular inside due to building construction, etc. so, then if I can set up a wifi connection, I then have to enter password to start the App., no, that isn't Tap N Play, yes, that's how it works, it will never take on in the real world unless Google makes the App truly TNP, with or without an Internet connection. Tap N Play is dead out the gate.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
By The time I walk up to a cash register, with a line of 'in a hurry' people, I swipe a credit card or stand there like a moron fussing with an App? Google TnP is not for the real world as it is.

Nerf72

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Meanwhile in Europe.....

For Google to truly compete with Apple they need to be on-song 100% across all regions from the moment the box is open,

I like Google, but "not available in your country" is a bit of a oversight if they want Android to truly stand up to the rest.

titetanium

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Guys and Gals,

Aren't you being a little harsh on the OP? He is basically pointing out that the Wallet app doesn't open without an internet connection, and that is his chief complaint. I just tried it, and he is right about that. If all he wanted to do is get to the loyalty cards so he can scan that, he should be able to do that without an internet connection, but since he can't, it's a bug that needs to be fixed.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

While I see what you're saying here but so is Google Music .. if I don't cache before going offline it won't work ... Chrome won't work if I don't save things before going offline ... So there are a lot of apps out there that require an internet connection. It really just depends on what function it is trying to do.

As you said above you can make purchases with your wallet .. Well how can it make the purchase if it can't reach the service to confirm your balance? Just like if a stores internet connection is down the old fashion swipe card won't work either since it can't verify anything.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Inside most gas stations, grocery's you cannot pick up cellular. It may work in New York but I live with the rest of humanity, a town of 150,000. I'm surprised Wallet can't work without internet then when it picks up, finished processing, especially since my account is already established. Wallet is poorly developed.

Plus, like I said, All I wanted was to access the Lyality Card barcode and the App wouldn't open because there was no internet, totally useless.

I have never had an issue with internet signal when using Google Wallet. Its worked fine for me any where in North Carolina. Michigan, etc. I dont live in a major city either.Actually some of the towns are pretty small a few hunderd people per town. It sounds like your major issue is with getting an internet connection on your phone which wouldn't be a Google Wallet App issue but a internet signal issue .

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Also, you don't have to be online for tap & pay to work. You just have to be online in order to sign into it (enter your pin).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs