What do you think are still androids biggest strengths?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I honestly can't spending 650 dollars right now on any new kind of phone. I'm already paying off the m8. My dillema was whether to use the M8 or go back to the 5S. I mean, I could always drop the money on a nexus 6 or iPhone 6, but then I'm still gonna have to pay off the m8. So that's like a total if 1300 dollars spent all told. :/
Ouch... I hear you.

Mine will be paid off in March 2015 so I understand your delima, but in all honesty I'm kinda glad about it working out this way for me.

While what is out right now is really nice, what is coming out next spring will be even nicer. The 810 chipsets will be the top dog then and most importantly by then the bugs and extras for Lollipop will be done.

While you're not wanting to root & rom your m8 you really should research the conversion to the GPE version since you prefer the pure aspects of things. It's pretty straightforward and easier than you think and it's not really draconian like it was in the past and your getting the full factory version not a custom rom. There are other benefits of doing this as well because you can have the api's of the Harmon Kardon edition as well by sideloading them.

Like I said... Research it some before totally discounting it. It's not as bad as you think.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Given the difficulty you have choosing and sticking to one phone, perhaps IOS is better for you. Less choices offer less dilemma and might make it easier for you to get the latest phone and be satisfied, not constantly worrying that something better is out there. I think IOS and Android both have their merits, but maybe the simplicity of choices with the IOS would suit you.

I agree with this.

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
- I can install my phone os to official or custom operating system.
- i can underclock / overclock the cpu (many times underclocking quad or octacore from 1.4ghz to 1ghz can make difference in battery life but still have those smooth experience).
- i can choose my default app for sms, browser, music, etc
- with android i can plug my phone to any pc and it will act like a storage without having to install software...
- much much more...

Sent from my phone with tapatalk

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So guys, I think I'm putting the sim back in the 5S. I honestly don't dislike android, there's actually things I like a lot. However, I think for my uses iOS us going to be better day to day. I'm still gonna keep the m8 around (nothing wrong with a backup phone) because its a great media viewer. And I'd like to still keep up with android. Although I am gonna miss the big screen of the m8. Oh well, guess I'll get a bigger iPhone next year if anything

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
If I do ever decide to go back to the m8, do you think I can still use a iPad and Mac just fine? I honestly don't like how android dies tablets and I'm wanting to go to a Mac after years of PC use.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Apple just seems to be headed towards this total integration direction that it may be hard not to get sucked into it.

Like I said, if you actually use those features enough then that's a good thing, if you don't...... then it's not a big deal.

Good luck with the iPhone

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Like I said, if you actually use those features enough then that's a good thing, if you don't...... then it's not a big deal.

Good luck with the iPhone

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8

Yeah, I don't even know if I'd use all that. I don't really write a lot outside of school paper every now and then.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
If someone isn't interested in rooting or ROMing, is android still potentially better than iOS? I'm the kind of guy who doesn't like to do diagnosis all the time. Just kinda want to set things how I like it and expect it to work.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If someone isn't interested in rooting or ROMing, is android still potentially better than iOS? I'm the kind of guy who doesn't like to do diagnosis all the time. Just kinda want to set things how I like it and expect it to work.

Then I'd say nab an iPhone and be good to go. You wouldn't like rooting and ROMing then.