Changing over from WP8 to Android

Timbo512

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking of converting over to a MotoX Gen2 to replace a Lumia 920. One hang up is the ability to transfer SMS text from the WP8 device to an Android device. Has anyone found a successful way to transfer the WP text to CSV file or found an app that will copy the messages? I did a search but didn't come up with much.

Timbo512

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
It does a backup to OneDrive but MS has locked it down and you don't access to the files. They say its for when you have to reset or replace your phone. Assuming that you'll always replace it with MS. Its like being locked into an Apple ecosystem. They do copy give you a copy of text in Outlook.com as conversations with Contacts, but you cannot see what your responses were or export them.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
It does a backup to OneDrive but MS has locked it down and you don't access to the files. They say its for when you have to reset or replace your phone. Assuming that you'll always replace it with MS. Its like being locked into an Apple ecosystem. They do copy give you a copy of text in Outlook.com as conversations with Contacts, but you cannot see what your responses were or export them.

Then I doubt you will be able to bring them over then. Sorry about that.