Phones on Craigslist

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Something I've noticed when looking at used phones in craigslist is that sprint phones are always being sold for ridiculously cheap. I'm on verizon, so I can't really take advantage of the prices I've seen, but does anyone have an idea why?
I know sprint doesn't have the best service, but it is still such a big discrepancy in the same phones from verizon to sprint

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Sprint is not only small with some gaps in service, but their phones cannot be easily adapted to another network. Contrast that with T Mobile - it's a smaller company, but once the phone is unlocked, you can change SIM cards and use it on AT&T. That's why a used T Mobile phone usually costs more than a used Sprint phone, even though both companies are of similar size.

If you have any flexibility in your budget, I would pay a bit more for an unlocked phone that works on a greater variety of networks, especially if you travel outside the country. Lastly, consider shopping for a used phone on Swappa or Glyde rather than Craig's list. Those sites do a bit more diligence before posting a phone for sale.

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
That's kind of what I figured. I have a coworker that said you more or less have to go to sprint to change phones and it's not as easy as just popping in your SIM.
Thamks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz