Is Samsung done?

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I have read a few articles about Samsung and it's a fact that they did fall off financially? I actually think Samsung is the next BlackBerry heading for doom if touchwiz is not revamped or all new Samsung phones switched to Android vanilla OS with minor Samsung tweaks.

Any opinions?

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry about Samsung. They still make washing machines, computers, tv's, sound systems and everything else that plugs in.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Samsung is not going any where. They just might not be the number 1 phone manufacturer for much longer.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about other countries but the popularity of Samsung phones is fast decreasing in India because now people are realising how overpriced and underpowered and underfeatured samsung phones are compared to other brands.For example Samsung launching their flagship S5 at $1000 in india without 4G connectivity and inferior exynos cpu instead of snapdragon. Samsung trying to sell crap phones like S4 mini and S5 minimini at ridiculous price points when competition offers same or better specs at less than half the price. All Samsung phones especially lower and midrange phones are very slow and like crap due to touchwiz and underpowered specs.In india mostly samsung fanboys and dumb people buy samsung phones who dont know any better.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They're not going anywhere. They just didn't make as much as they thought they would -- Smartphones are not their only business so they're good.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
They are making less profit, doesn't mean they still aren't profiting. They'll be around for a long long time imo. Also imo they will continue to be the leading Android manufacturer. I think Lenovo could do something good with Motorola, but they will not eclipse Samsung.

MunkiPlay

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I can believe that their sales are down, one because of the market...its pretty tough out there now, and two, I read everyday how people are irritated with how bloated Samsung phones are with their software, compared to other manufacturers. Personally, I have moved over to HTC, but I am still secretly a Samsung fan.

Heres hoping they improve

abazigal

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Their are at a very low stage now. Although they had a 20% decline in revenue for September quarter . I have hope that the next Samsung phone that will release will become a buzz. What's holding back Samsung is the overpriced Phones.

That's also what constitutes the bulk of their profits. Samsung actually sold more phones this year. The problem is that the majority of these phones were cheaper models that earned them very little in profit. At the same time, way fewer people bought their flagship phones, which was where they made their money.

By your logic, it makes no difference how many phones Samsung sells, if they aren't earning any money from them.

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
More companies are also producing bigger phones now. This cuts into there profit (lg, htc, and now iphone). Plus they revealed that their advertising and number of phones(variations) were what reduced their profits as well

Posted via the Android Central App

osallent

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I can tell you Samsung seems a little overpriced, and just about everyone and their mother has one...so if you don't subscribe to herd mentality that can be a bit of a turn off. I thought about buying a Samsung the other day, but I ended up with an LG G3 because for the price of the high end Samsung I would get almost all of the features with the LG G3, and have enough money left over to buy a Moto 360. So that's just what I did.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital