Android 5.0 and the Current State of hardware options.

AndroidPhene

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Fragmentation, it is the everlasting nag that never seems to let Android truly become awesome. TouchWiz, HTC's miserable attempt at creating a UI, Motorola doesn't know which way it wants to go. Just my .02. I truly believe that some people love these devices and their manufacture's take on Andorid. However, I would really like to see a vanilla version of Android on every model out there; keep the skinned devices but offer a vanilla version as well. That is what I consider "giving the customer what they want." Also, it would force the hardware manufacturers to really make premium devices and create stiff competition. Can you imagine what it would be like if there was a hardware frenzy!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Fragmentation, it is the everlasting nag that never seems to let Android truly become awesome. TouchWiz, HTC's miserable attempt at creating a UI, Motorola doesn't know which way it wants to go. Just my .02. I truly believe that some people love these devices and their manufacture's take on Andorid. However, I would really like to see a vanilla version of Android on every model out there; keep the skinned devices but offer a vanilla version as well. That is what I consider "giving the customer what they want." Also, it would force the hardware manufacturers to really make premium devices and create stiff competition. Can you imagine what it would be like if there was a hardware frenzy!

This is what's great about Android.

If you want an Android device and don't like TouchWiz or Sense or whatever Motorola's doing or whatever Sony's doing - don't buy them. There's a Nexus for you. Or a One Plus One. Or a BLU phone. OEM's should not be forced to give you a "vanilla" Android phone. If you don't like their offering, again - don't buy it.

Heads up: Google's Nexus line isn't even "vanilla" Android.

AndroidPhene

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
This is what's great about Android.

If you want an Android device and don't like TouchWiz or Sense or whatever Motorola's doing or whatever Sony's doing - don't buy them. There's a Nexus for you. Or a One Plus One. Or a BLU phone. OEM's should not be forced to give you a "vanilla" Android phone. If you don't like their offering, again - don't buy it.

Heads up: Google's Nexus line isn't even "vanilla" Android.

I think if an OEM like Samsung could take all the energy they spend on TouchWiz and divert it to harware, they would be something truly amazing. Blu phones are crap. I'm alking about top notch hardware paired with Andorid.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think if an OEM like Samsung could take all the energy they spend on TouchWiz and divert it to harware, they would be something truly amazing. Blu phones are crap. I'm alking about top notch hardware paired with Andorid.

I don't want all Android phones looking the same.

And if Samsung didn't go off and add what they wanted on top of Android, we wouldn't have the Note line with the S Pen.

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

I'm pretty sure that's why they made Google Play Editions of the Galaxy S4, HTC M8, Moto G, etc.

AndroidPhene

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't want all Android phones looking the same.

And if Samsung didn't go off and add what they wanted on top of Android, we wouldn't have the Note line with the S Pen.

For the second time, make each model available with a standard (Nexus flavor) version of Android. Two options are better than one. We are all customers and with these companies making hand over fist, I expect better. I'm not the type of consumer that will be spoon fed whatever they manufacture.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
For the second time, make each model available with a standard (Nexus flavor) version of Android. Two options are better than one. We are all customers and with these companies making hand over fist, I expect better. I'm not the type of consumer that will be spoon fed whatever they manufacture.

Maintaining multiple builds is not worth it for the manufacturer.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL