Touchwiz gone

kanuj5678

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Samsung may look to develop and mature tizen and yes if google will start rolling updates for samsung devices and helping samsung with first updates of android it will be the right thing for samsung to do

jimlloyd40

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has access to all Android updates from Google as soon as everyone does. It just takes them so long to incorporate their TouchWiz skin over it. Kind of ironic that TouchWiz is the reason it takes them so long to incorporate Android updates only to give the public a device that is slow and laggy. HTC manages to incorporate updates much faster and Sense is fast and fluid with zero lag.

jimlloyd40

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Good marketing does that. Doesn't mean that it's desirable. Just look at how many millions of cars GM sold with ignition lock problems.

Jim Lloyd

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Good marketing does that. Doesn't mean that it's desirable. Just look at how many millions of cars GM sold with ignition lock problems.

Jim Lloyd

Please, it's not that bad. People here make TW seem like the plague. My past two phones have been Samsungs and they were quite good. Reliable and tough as heck. I will say I'm ready for a change tough, just get tired of the same 'ol thing...TW can be a bit pokey but maybe my GS3 is just getting old.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys think Samsung will ever ditch touchwiz and just go with stock android instead of putting their undesirable fingerprint on it.

Won't happen. I'm fairly certain that, if anything, they are moving in the opposite direction. Samsung wants to desensitize users to how Android looks and feels... that way when they pull the rug out and swap in Tizen, (they hope) no one will notice.

The problem is that they are starting to choke under their own weight. Their profits are going into the tank and they are losing the battle in both the top end and the low end... I've read a few articles that estimate that by the end of 2015, they will lose the dominant position as far as Android OEMs are concerned. And I'm pretty sure that internally, they'll try to put blame on Google and their OS and pressure the powers that be to drop the platform and go Tizen...

Of course, if that happens, Samsung will cease to be relevant in the mobile market.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
These manufacturers need to do something to differentiate themselves in the market. If not for differentiation then it's just a hardware race with a basic UI. Seems like Samsung's been pretty successful and TW is part of that experience like it or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL