All I want is an unlimited data connection...

FranBunnyFFXII

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I stopped using(paying) for cell service a long time ago because well no one ever called me or texted me and I had wifi at home.
The only thing about that, that I miss is being able to stay connected to my internet spots on my phone. Reddit, overclock.net, facebook. ect.

Now I've picked up a new phone non contract no service plan, just to replace what my old phone was doing, but I'm looking around at service carriers and I can't find a damn thing that I want or can get.

I don't care about talk and text anymore, I have skype, I don't want anyone calling me whom I don't want calling me, I don't care about texting, again skype+pinger+facebook.

Onlything I need is a data connection, an unlimited one. I saw tmobile does this system where you get the first gb at 4g speeds, then it reduces down to 2g(20$ a month) compelling for the fact that I don't use my phone's data anywhere except out and about(I have a laptop, and I'm always home so wifi connect). Problem is my phone apparently CDMA(even though its a moto e...?)

Is there a carrier that just does unlimited data for cheap? or is this system just not designed for people like me.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
There is no carrier that does unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE for cheap (around $20). What price are you looking at?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I think T-Mobile's $80 unlimited talk/text/data plan is the best you'll find for a phone. If you have a tablet, you can find cheaper data only plans, but they won't work with a phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Getting a service plan for a phone without calling and texting isn't common that's for sure. I am on T-Mobile and use the 80 dollar unlimited everything so no worries for me.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I believe every carrier now includes unlimited talk/texting with their data plans. Your best bet would be to bring your own device such as a Nexus 5 and just get the cheapest data plan that you think will provide you enough data.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think T-Mobile's $80 unlimited talk/text/data plan is the best you'll find for a phone. If you have a tablet, you can find cheaper data only plans, but they won't work with a phone.
Verizon legacy unlimited 4GLTE data individual plan is $70 (or less) includes 450 minutes voice. And you can use it on phones, hotspot, tablets, 4GLTE broadband router, etc.

There isn't a way to get new lines at the moment, that loophole recently closed but who knows another loophole might come around.

Just curious, what data only plans are cheaper and include unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

nowucme

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Idk if its available wherever you are but the metro pcs unlimited plan (the.top plan) has true unthrottled unlimited internet. Only downside is you cant tether on unlimited . There may be a workaround but im not sure what it is.

Idk if metro sells just data so you may have to actually get a phone number but theres no minutes or text fees. Its all one flat rate.

I know that on unlimited speeds are good enough to watch tv on xbmc without lag unless say you're watching a live ppv fight or something where theres tons of users all competing for bandwidth

I say give it a look. Most bash metro but they dont give me any connection issues or bad service areas. At least the places I go

nowucme

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know metro is the only carrier that allows true unlimited without throttling. Even boost throttles if u read the fine print.

I.think its the best bang for your buck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol