What Is The Best Lightweight Browser For Android?

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Chrome feels clunky, Opera feels bloated, and Firefox can't handle video well. So what is the best lightweight browser for Android?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried Opera Mini? Maxthon looks to be good as well. I am almost certain that there is a browser on the Play Store that is super lightweight with no nonsense. I'll take a look around and see if I can find it.

Gobucks1234

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Just started using cm browser after trying Firefox. Cm seems really well laid out and is much better than any of the other browsers I've tried. All I do really is read Yahoo and click bait articles.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I've found the stock Samsung browser (labeled "Internet") on my Note devices works best (ex. Note 2, Note 4, and OG Note 10.1).

Otherwise I've found Chrome lags too much, so I always end up not using it or disabling it if it's included on a device (ex. like my Note 4). Tried CM browser for a while, but ended up having an issue with it where it appeared to lock up my device where my only option was a master factory reset via the recovery console (see my thread here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4/460294-had-hard-reset-recover.html). It may not have been CM browser, but I've had no issues since I've stopped using it. I have Firefox installed as an alternate/secondary browser if needed (ex. for multi-window stuff). It works ok, but like Chrome tends to use too much RAM memory and lags.

In the end, I like to use the K.I.S.S. principle, so I've yet to find any third party browser that works as well as the stock Samsung one. :)
I have a Motorola device

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Chrome's performance and stability is an absolute travesty for something that's supposed to be a headliner app on android.

It is one of the most blaoted apps on my phone. You need a minimum of 2GB of RAM to use Chrome smoothly. I uninstalled updates and reverted back to the older version of Chrome, that is how bad it is.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely love Opera Mini, but have noticed it doesn't work on my Droid Turbo. Has anyone else experienced problems with Opera Mini recently? I would check out Atlas browser. Really fast and good. I agree with those who suggested UC Browser and CM Browser, but I find Atlas to be a little faster.

dann127

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure how it's been updated but when it came out Javelin browser seemed pretty snappy without a whole lot on top of it.

I've tried a bunch of different browsers and finally got tired of Dolphin. Moved to Opera and I've been happy but I'm going to go back and take a look at Javelin again.

MinhJWaterman

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Opera mini and UC both are the best and light browsers. Opera mini is light browser and i find it good for browsing and i use UC browser for downloading.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2