A 9-Volt Battery Is All This Tiny Charger Needs To Revive Your Phone

asherN

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
9 volt battery is around 400 mah. a AA is around 2700 mah. why would they use 9 volt over AA? heck even an AAA is about 1200 mah.

personally, i hate 9 volt batteries. extremely expensive and hardly ever used. Only place in my house that actually uses 9 volt batteries are in my smoke detectors. And I wish I had $1200 to switch to nest protects (yes even though my smoke detectors are hardwired) and thankfully the backups are AA over those stupid cruddy 9 volt.

Because to generate the needed 5V, you'd need 4 AA or AAA batteries. The elegance of this solution is the size. And that can only be achieved with a 9V battery. Not sure about the need, but I can see some appeal.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
1. the design is great.
2. sorry i won't be carrying around bulky spare batteries like some kind of nerd. i'm a minimalist. not to mention constantly having to charge them. F that. i need a tiny, sleek, easy, inconspicuous emergency solution.
3. i went on all night 24 hour bender the other night and ran out of battery the next day. this would've saved me.
4. the internet is 20+ years old and people still can't get loose vs. lose right.
5. if it doesn't get funded no harm no foul.

That's great if you like it but remember not everyone is going to agree... And no need to insult those who do carry spare batteries... There is nothing wrong with it. Just like you think there is nothing wrong with this product.

:).

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Because to generate the needed 5V, you'd need 4 AA or AAA batteries. The elegance of this solution is the size. And that can only be achieved with a 9V battery. Not sure about the need, but I can see some appeal.

Maybe for some one who is camping or hiking, that forgot there full sized battery bank at home?

Sent from my iPad mini 2 using Tapatalk