Smartphone Coaster Review

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for posting this Chris, i purchased a different holder from cellphoneshop.net and i think ill stick with it, its plastic but its Black and i feel that they metal coaster one will scratch and show many imperfections over time. this plastic one i have been using has not scratched and i have been using it well over a month and it fits in with my office decor, since everything on my desk is black. here is a link if you want to check it out, it is also $4, but like the coaster it lacks rubberized grips but for 4 dollars, i dont mind running to the store and buying a strip of rubberized tape.

here is a link to the holder.
Plastic Stand Holder For Cell Phone - Cell Phone Holders

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
No problem! I was kinda concerned with the scratches from the metal, but it's fairly polished so I don't think that's going to be a huge issue, as long as I'm not slamming it down on it of course haha. That one looks pretty decent, as long as these things stay right around this price point or cheaper I'd say they're worth it.

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I was looking into getting one of these to use bedside to turn my phone into a clock but I ended up just buying a business card holder at Staples that works pretty well.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Suggestion for the slippery base...

Buy a strip of that adhesive-backed material used on bathtub floors to create a non-skid surface. At the hardware store, you can buy it in a strip as long as you want & in varying widths. This stuff is very handy for a variety of issues involving slippery surfaces. Just cut it to fit, remove the paper backing and stick on.

I also recommend cleaning the Coaster surface with alcohol (and letting it dry) before putting the strip on. Will make sure of a good bond.

Thank you for your video - I just ordered several Coasters that I will place around my office and home. I will also have some of this non-skid stuff available when the Coasters arrive, thanks to your vid. Nicely done!

BTW, until now, I've been using a modified (read: custom bent) wire mesh business card holder. It works well in the landscape position for my X, but not so in portrait - the stand isn't high enough for stability. The X will slip off at the slightest touch or go over backwards. So, I'm really looking forward to getting the Coasters.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
After extended use I've found that using it to hold the phone vertical has actually become a challenge -- it likes to slip off a lot. Although I suspect that could also have to do with the fact I've become more careless with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs