Trying Android for the first time

PrashantJ

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Windows Phone for around a year. Before that I used Symbian. I want to try the Android now. So today I'm buying Moto G (2nd gen). I heard from my friends that this phone will be outdated soon, because it has 32bit processor and we'll see 64bit processors in near future. So app developers will mostly focus on that and so on. How much true this is? Will I get updated (OS and apps) regularly? I'm planning to use it for at least one and half years.

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Windows Phone for around a year. Before that I used Symbian. I want to try the Android now. So today I'm buying Moto G (2nd gen). I heard from my friends that this phone will be outdated soon, because it has 32bit processor and we'll see 64bit processors in near future. So app developers will mostly focus on that and so on. How much true this is? Will I get updated (OS and apps) regularly? I'm planning to use it for at least one and half years.

Welcome! It's nothing to worry about - 64 bit Android phones do not even exist yet (I believe). You will continue to get updates and support for a long time to come. Eventually, all devices will become 64-bit and some support/features may discontinue support however, that time will only come in many, many years (and you'll have plenty of warning before it does).

Overall, it's absolutely fine for one and a half years. Just enjoy the phone, I hear it's a great device!

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure you update the Moto G to Android 5.0 Lollipop when you get it. The interface is much cleaner and probably make a better first time experience. Motorola phones get frequent updates so your device will be supported for a while, this is not true for all Android manufacturers.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante