Is AT&T going to ever get a Android phone?

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
i wonder if it will be before or after their exclusivity with apple runs out

Thats the big question. :D I'm thinking as soon as Apple brings their iPhone Verizon's way or to other carriers... AT&T will find that Android is the way of the future and iPhone will see its free ride leaving the station. Not saying that Apple won't do something about this... just that their free ride will be over and they are going to have to prove their worthiness in this world of constant progress.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Don't count on the iPhone leaving AT&T anytime in the near future. At least until late next year. I've heard rumors of the HTC Hero coming to AT&T early 2010.

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I've heard rumors of the HTC Hero coming to AT&T early 2010.

but.... How long did we hear rumors of iPhone coming to Verizon in 2009/2010... I hope its true for the sake of AT&T customers... I know I hate the whole idea of carrier specific phones. I also know the FCC is currently attempting to look into this and end this practice, hopefully they succeed. We all shouldn't be forced to select a carrier based on what phone we want or vice versa.

Personally, if I had my choice I'd have owned an iPhone and been on Verizon for years now... and granted, if Sprint didn't have a dead zone circumferencing my house, I would have probably stayed with them and been able to enjoy their cheap unlimited plans (their plans are really the most reasonable out there right now).

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
We all shouldn't be forced to select a carrier based on what phone we want or vice versa.

That's the problem with most consumers, instead of selecting a carrier based on who gives them the most reliable service at a fair price, they select based on phone selection. Then complain when they drop calls or can't use their phone without standing in the middle of the highway on one leg, with one hand held in the sky and their head tilted at a 90 degree angle.

Service reliability and fair price first than all things being equal phone selection.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
but.... How long did we hear rumors of iPhone coming to Verizon in 2009/2010... I hope its true for the sake of AT&T customers... I know I hate the whole idea of carrier specific phones. I also know the FCC is currently attempting to look into this and end this practice, hopefully they succeed. We all shouldn't be forced to select a carrier based on what phone we want or vice versa.

Personally, if I had my choice I'd have owned an iPhone and been on Verizon for years now... and granted, if Sprint didn't have a dead zone circumferencing my house, I would have probably stayed with them and been able to enjoy their cheap unlimited plans (their plans are really the most reasonable out there right now).

See the carrier is completely relative to the user. I have the best service by far with AT&T. Hands down. Other's are not so lucky but I get that. That's why all of these conversations saying my carrier is better than your carrier means nothing to me.

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
See the carrier is completely relative to the user. I have the best service by far with AT&T. Hands down. Other's are not so lucky but I get that. That's why all of these conversations saying my carrier is better than your carrier means nothing to me.

I understand and agree with what you say... It just so happens that for me, Verizon works best. :D I'm out in metropolis Idaho (ha, if there is such a thing, this is it... good ol' Boise, Idaho)

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I understand and agree with what you say... It just so happens that for me, Verizon works best. :D I'm out in metropolis Idaho (ha, if there is such a thing, this is it... good ol' Boise, Idaho)

Verizon works 2nd best in my area. Followed by T-Mobile and then Sprint. :p

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Ive lived places where cingular worked the best, places where sprint worked the best, and where verizon worked the best. Im on sprint right now and although Tmobiles data service is better right here, Im not giving up the plan I have. where I live though there really isnt one carrier that works great everywhere.

lucky for me the phone I want is on the network I want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair