Gmail app or native email?

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Which do you use? I've always used the Gmail app for my Google Apps account but the latest update that changed it to that funky red look... Idk.

It's hard to look at, it worked so good before now it's just awkward. I setup my account on the native email account where you have to enter the server/ports etc and it looks like the old app.

Does anyone use that? Downside?

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I always use the GMail app for GMail and the stock one for my Exchange work account. I haven't tried GMail on my stock app but it would seem to me that GMail app would be better suited and integrated to GMail accounts than the stock one, but it might be just my perception.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I thought so too but after a few hours its surprisingly working great. Just a different look and have to set a sync interval.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought so too but after a few hours its surprisingly working great. Just a different look and have to set a sync interval.

That's where I wouldn't like it. If you have to set a sync interval that's more drain on your battery (unless you get too many e-mails a day) and I prefer the immediateness of Push.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I use Email. It sets up automatically (unless you want to set it manually - you have the choice) and it does push updates to save the battery. I use it for all my accounts. There's a combined inbox if you just want to look at all your new incoming emails at once, or you can look at any single account, including folders.

And, unlike the GMail app, I've never had a deleted email reappear.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I use gmail & merged my hotmail account with it. I like it.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I use Email. It sets up automatically (unless you want to set it manually - you have the choice) and it does push updates to save the battery. I use it for all my accounts. There's a combined inbox if you just want to look at all your new incoming emails at once, or you can look at any single account, including folders.

And, unlike the GMail app, I've never had a deleted email reappear.

I only saw option to sync at intervals. I had it working one of my accounts today and checked battery and it said the email app had used 8%. Not sure I liked that.

I do like the look better.

flawyte

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I like the GMail app along with the new design.

You'd probably better get used to material design, cause it's going to be used by a lot of the apps pretty soon.

magez

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to use Gmail app because it has beauty UI, easy to use and now it can support other email accounts like yahoo, hotmail. I added all email account into this app and it works perfectly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc