Average Age of an Android user

RickettsZ22

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I am doing a statistics project for a class at the University of Colorado. It's based on hypothesis testing. I am doing a two-sample hypothesis test based on the average age of an iPhone user vs. the average age of an Android user. I need about 50 responses. I just need to know age and gender.

I would really appreciate the help from a community such as Android Central. I sell phones for a job right now and am an avid reader of TiPb and Android Central posts and forums, which is why I choose to do my project on these statistics. Thanks to everyone who replies!

**Sorry if this is in the wrong location, I don't typically post, I'm normally just a reader.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am doing a statistics project for a class at the University of Colorado. It's based on hypothesis testing. I am doing a two-sample hypothesis test based on the average age of an iPhone user vs. the average age of an Android user. I need about 50 responses. I just need to know age and gender.

I would really appreciate the help from a community such as Android Central. I sell phones for a job right now and am an avid reader of TiPb and Android Central posts and forums, which is why I choose to do my project on these statistics. Thanks to everyone who replies!

**Sorry if this is in the wrong location, I don't typically post, I'm normally just a reader.

im, 30 M. samsung fascinate/DX
my girlfriend is 25 F samsung captivate
my sister is 23 F samsung fascinate
my father is 58 M OG droid

Reactions: RickettsZ22

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Me: m34, Incredible
wife: f28, Incredible

Edit: You probably realize this, but these forums are generally populated by the most tech-savvy, or at least tech-interested, people. These figures don't necessarily reflect the "average" consumer of Android or iOS. There are other studies out there about mobile OS demographics, also.

Last edited:
Reactions: RickettsZ22

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Me: 29 M (EVO 4G)
Friend: 30 M (Dinc)
Friend: 28 M (Eris)
Sis-in-law: 32 F (EVO 4G)
Bro-in-law: 34 M (EVO 4G)
Friend: 36 M (Dinc)
Dad: 52 M (My Touch)