Now you're on Android, what platform did you come from?

What platform were you on before Android?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

emagdnimohno

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Started with palm.. loved the platform but the phone kept breaking. Went to the blackberry 8530, then the tour, back to the 8530.. I'm sorry to all you BB fans but its boring and slow.. got the HTC hero.. fun phone but a horrible processor And a tiny screen. I fell in love with android. Had too many problems with the hero and got swapped to the transform. Loved that phone! The best mid-range phone I've ever had. Upgrade came, and I got the epic 4g! Personally, I think this is better than any phone out there.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Said this before and I'll say it again, I do not miss one thing about BlackBerry. The only thing I could even argue in BB's favor is it's messaging abilities, and with the advent of things like the Droid Pro, who knows, they might not even have that going for them for much longer. The days of battery pulls, frustration with sudden reboots and complete neglect from RIM are far over for me.

The argument that some people give "BlackBerry's simply just work" is BS if you ask me. The two I had did not simply just work...in fact, I can count more times it didn't do what I needed it to do when I needed it to do it than when it did.

Eddiethking

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Said this before and I'll say it again, I do not miss one thing about BlackBerry. The only thing I could even argue in BB's favor is it's messaging abilities, and with the advent of things like the Droid Pro, who knows, they might not even have that going for them for much longer. The days of battery pulls, frustration with sudden reboots and complete neglect from RIM are far over for me.

The argument that some people give "BlackBerry's simply just work" is BS if you ask me. The two I had did not simply just work...in fact, I can count more times it didn't do what I needed it to do when I needed it to do it than when it did.
Agreed, I just pulled my Evo 4g out of its box, and I am loving it!!!

Its like coming out of the dark ages!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Love your passion there Chris lol

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I started with a Palm OS Kyocera 6035, then the Treo 300, 600, 650, 700p, 800W, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Evo. Those were all used for more than 3 months. Between the 700P and the 800W I had 2 WM phones for a bit over a week.

Nelimungous

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Loooooong time BlackBerry "drone" as someone stated earlier, over 5 years a drone. I get my Captivate today. Like any good geek I have read so much crap online about various phones I settled on the Captivate...on AT&T forever. Say a little prayer my GPS works well! I have a friend with a Captivate that let me basically try to mimic how I used my BB on his phone for several hours which really helped my decision. The Torch 9800 is horrible I tested that too. In fact that was the phone I was dead set on moving to...I doubt I will regret not moving to it. BlackBerry is so far behind on hardware and software it's comical. I am a strong business user but I need more than just decent messaging. I need flexibility and a bigger better screen. I personally know at least 9 people moving from BB this month...all long time drones.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow there are a lot of BB converts here.

Personally I came from a Palm Pre, and before that I had a WM phone. I really really loved my Pre but after having it for well over a year the hardware was just too far gone for it to be reliable as an actual phone anymore and with no other Palm phones on the horizon with Sprint I had to make the jump to something new ASAP. As soon as my contract was up I picked up an Evo and I so far I love it and have no regrets. Still if (HP)Palm gets their stuff together and comes out with a new killer device I'll probably end up going back when I am eligible for another upgrade.

Kimo91

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
came from the Blackberry Bold 9650 (blackberry user for 3 years) and a couple of weeks ago went to the Motorola Droid2

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Came from a Blackberry Bold 9000 and was a Blackberry user for 3 years and jumped switch to the Captivate in July during the launch day of the Captivate!

Cheers,
Charlie

MsGadget13

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Windows Mobile convert. Way back when phones and PDA's were separate... iPaq 3600 I think. Probably upgraded every 6 mos. or so, especially after phone & PDA combined. Most recently I had the Tilt 2. NOTHING compares to my Fascinate!!! I have quite a collection though.

I was holding out for Windows Phone 7, but wasn't pleased with what I was reading, so moved on for the better!

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
This doesn't look good for BB. People appear to be defecting in droves. The storm II wasn't bad till I got my Dinc. Now I can't believe how far BB has fallen behind.

EvoSickness

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
My first Android and smart phone is the Evo and before than I had a upstage I wanted to wait for the perfect phone and when I saw the Evo I knew that was the most amazing phone on the face of earth which you can control the moons gravitalional pull with lol.

scassel

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
First post

I guess this is as good a place as any to break the seal...

Seven year blackberry user because that was the only thing work would support. 7100i, 8830, 9530 (Bad), 9550 (somewhat better) and 9650. We are now beta testing and I have the fascinate. I can say that I will never go back to a BB again. There is definitely a learning curve but this thing is productive and fun. The same cannot be said for BB. They are losing their foothold, even in the business market which was always their niche.

I know I am not looking back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze