What are your thoughts on Google Location History??

Do you have Google Location History enabled?

• Total voters

SilverRocket88

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
So i just found out that Google has followed me everywhere i've been and even has a map that points out my locations and timestamps.

What are peoples thoughts on this, i was generally quite stunned when i found out they've been doing this, i now it's useful for Google now etc. but i am definitely considering turning it off.

What are your thoughts people? :eek:

Last edited:

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Paranoia aside, there's no harm to turning it off if you're bothered by the implications of the location history feature. If you find you don't like losing the features that it enables, you can always turn it back on.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
So i just found out that Google has followed me everywhere i've been and even has a map that points out my locations and timestamps.

What are peoples thoughts on this, i was generally quite stunned when i found out they've been doing this, i now it's useful for Google now etc. but i am definitely considering turning it off.

oooOOOooo

Seriously? Big deal. It's helpful for Google Now. And if you think Google is the only company following you, you're mistaken. You do realize that your cell phone company very likely has a history of where you've been, too, right?

Also, if you were paying attention when you were setting up your phone, this would not be a surprise in the least.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I could care less. I'm not plotting the downfall of western civilization so I'm not too worried about Google knowing where I've been. I'm sure after looking at my online footprint the "authorities" would deem me one of the most boring people on earth and put me on a "do not look ever again under threat of falling asleep" category.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure after looking at my online footprint the "authorities" would deem me one of the most boring people on earth and put me on a "do not look ever again under threat of falling asleep" category.

Yep. I'm just not that important.

No one cares where I've been our where I'm going. Unless I'm shuttling around diamonds or kilos of Columbia's finest, it's not even close to registering on anyone's radar.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Simply having a cellphone with you and turned on means that several entities can track your position in real time.

I'm way more terrified of what Verizon does with that info than Google. At least Google provides some very useful functionality in return....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar