Samsung Galaxy 5 question..

Rana

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
So im having a problem finding any info on my phone!! I don't know If its called something else in other parts of the world or if its just not available in other areas. Im currently in Asia and im using the Samsung Galaxy 5 ( or GT-I5503). Im trying to find out when Froyo will be available for this phone. I currently have version 2.1 update1. Ive looked all over this site and found nothing, didnt even find my phone in the device list of android phones. I have gone to the samsung store several times and they just say they dont know anything. Does anyone have any ideas? and also if the galaxy 5 has another name could you please tell me what that is? Would be greatly appreciated. I have looked on the internet and I only find information on the galaxy S which doesnt help me either.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So im having a problem finding any info on my phone!! I don't know If its called something else in other parts of the world or if its just not available in other areas. Im currently in Asia and im using the Samsung Galaxy 5 ( or GT-I5503). Im trying to find out when Froyo will be available for this phone. I currently have version 2.1 update1. Ive looked all over this site and found nothing, didnt even find my phone in the device list of android phones. I have gone to the samsung store several times and they just say they dont know anything. Does anyone have any ideas? and also if the galaxy 5 has another name could you please tell me what that is? Would be greatly appreciated. I have looked on the internet and I only find information on the galaxy S which doesnt help me either.

Well Rana , im sorry you are having difficulty with your phone but to be honest even if we knew what other name your phone went we could not really tell you when or if your phone will get 2.2. When will my phone get an update is one of the most common questions in forums and 90% of the time its almost impossible to tell. Even when we have a date, most of the time they end up being wrong for whatever reason. i willl do my best to see if i can find by what other name your phone goes by, if it does.

Is there any particular feature you are looking to get on your phone, perhaps we can find some type of way of doing it through root or rom

saga

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
froyo 2.2 update is available at samfirmware.com
they also have the instructions on how to update samsung galaxy i5503 there..