If product sales are declining does it mean the product is dying?

Billy95Tech

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
For a example tablets sales are declining nearly for a year now and the tablet growth is stalled at the moment and people are saying tablets are dead and useless but that is not true at all.

So If product sales are declining in this case tablets does it mean the tablets are dying and we won't be using tablets in 5 years(i really hope not) just like netbooks?

Do you think we be using tablets in 5 years time? I think so.

I am not sure when a product sales is declining, weather they are dying or not....

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
It does not mean the tablet is dying. Tablets are here to stay. IMO it's a combination of two factors causing the decline and slow down in growth.

1. People who already own a tablet are keeping their tablets for a lot longer and not upgrading them as often.
2. The tablet market is not as big as everyone predicted it would be. It's entirely possible that the vast majority of people who need or want a tablet have already purchased one so now the potential market is pretty small for new customers. I fit into this segment; I don't need or want a tablet so I will not be buying one. I tried a 2013 Nexus 7 and didn't care for it.

I'm sticking with laptop + phone.

OneEarth2

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I think tablet sales are declining partially because they're so powerful.

Think about it. Most Android apps and games are meant for mid-range or low-end phones. Tablets all have beastly hardware compared to even the best phones. A good tablet will therefore blow away any game or app system requirements for several years after release.

I have an Nvidia Shield Tablet. Build quality issues aside, the Tegra K1 in the Shield Tablet is awesomeness in technological form. It beats a PS3 in gaming performance, and no app can touch its level of performance. It'd be silly and pointless for me to replace it for years, at least until mid-range phones surpass it. My lack of new tablet purchases will be interpreted by the market as a "failure".

I'm guessing developers will trim their rosters down to only 1-2 models of tablet at any given time, to match the slower replacement rate. However, I don't think they'll disappear.

Of course, it's also certain that new large phones are taking additional pieces of the market, albeit for a much less efficient price/performance ratio.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85