lets discuss the new blu products phones

Chase Baker1

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
so im a little fed up with paying the huge overhead cost attached to mainstream phone manufacturers (ahem! samsung) because it does NOT cost anywhere near $700 to manufacture one of these things. soooo enter the florida based blu products. bought my wife a blu studio 5.0LTE and we have been using it for a month and the phone is spectacular. so much so that im thinking about getting a blu myself but i want to get some feedback first. based on your opinion what is the best blu for under $200 right now?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The downside I see to them is most barely have enough storage for the Android OS, let alone anything else. I am honestly not sure what to suggest for devices under $200.

Chase Baker1

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
no bloatware and external sd card. the wifes phone reads sd cards very VERY quickly and most all apps get installed to it. running out of internal memory doesnt seem like its going to be an issue

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The bloat issue can also depend on the device. My Moto X and Nexus had very little bloat on them. Once my M8 had an AOSP ROM flashed all the bloat was gone. The Studio has 8 GB, so that would make about 4 GB usable. That is far too little for what I use my devices for.

As for the apps to the SD card, some of the data would go to the card, but not all of it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The bloat issue can also depend on the device. My Moto X and Nexus had very little bloat on them. Once my M8 had an AOSP ROM flashed all the bloat was gone. The Studio has 8 GB, so that would make about 4 GB usable. That is far too little for what I use my devices for.

As for the apps to the SD card, some of the data would go to the card, but not all of it.
According to blu website, studio 5.0 lte has 5"qhd, s400, 4gb rom 1gb ram, ~$150

http://www.bluproducts.com/index.php/studio-5-0-LTE

In comparison, a Samsung Galaxy Avant has 4.5" qhd, s400 ,16gb rom, 1.5gb ram. ~$200

I prefer to install all apps on internal memory myself, but to each his own.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
According to blu website, studio 5.0 lte has 5"qhd, s400, 4gb rom 1gb ram, ~$150
Strange...the link you posted is correct, but I looked at the list, and there was a rollover effect that showed some of the specs. That was how I got 8GB.

Screenshot 2015-01-20 at 9.59.17 AM.png

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
so im a little fed up with paying the huge overhead cost attached to mainstream phone manufacturers (ahem! samsung) because it does NOT cost anywhere near $700 to manufacture one of these things. soooo enter the florida based blu products. bought my wife a blu studio 5.0LTE and we have been using it for a month and the phone is spectacular. so much so that im thinking about getting a blu myself but i want to get some feedback first. based on your opinion what is the best blu for under $200 right now?
A blu studio 5.0 lte costs ~$150. The Samsung Galaxy Avant runs $200 and is better spec'd except screen is a bit smaller. Comparing the blu studio 5.0 lte to a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 isn't really fair. One is a lower end phone, the other is the latest high end phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Strange...the link you posted is correct, but I looked at the list, and there was a rollover effect that showed some of the specs. That was how I got 8GB.

View attachment 159973
The studio 5.0 hd lte is different than the studio 5.0 lte. The former has hd screen and 8gb rom. The latter qhd and 4gb rom