Would appreciate any feedbacks or suggestions on this children smart watch we're making

baldhero

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Greetings gents. Me and several friends been working hard for the past year on creating a cool gadget for children and it's about to launch it on Kickstarter soon. Wanna get some feedbacks here before we do.
As you guys all know how wearable technology has comes a long way, even Apple is joining the party.
Thus, we made one especially for children, kids can send and receive voice messages with adding GPS tracking and friends making. Come check this out and I'd appreciate all sorts of feedbacks and suggestions. Thanks! :cool:
Cubi - The Star Trek-like Communicator for Smart Kids

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Does the device work independently of a phone or does it require a smartphone? IMO, a smartphone doesn't belong in the hands of a child as THEIR device.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Your website is out of control with Flash content. It's impossible to navigate and there is so much flying all over the screen that I can't tell what I am able to interact with. It also puts almost as much load on my MacBook as the latest Google Maps.

Your product looks interesting, same question as above. I should be able to easily get this information from your website.

baldhero

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Much appreciated for the feedbacks and sorry for the misleading info on our site. The device works independently without needing a smartphone. Kids wears it like a gadget on their own.
Only occasions when smartphone come in place is when setting the default contact on the watch, parents checking on the children's location and adding friends approval.

yopablo

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I haven't found any information about battery autonomy and I think this is an important point for this kind of devices.

Couldyou give us more details about this point?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What carriers will it work with? If it doesn't tether to a phone, it needs to communicate SOMEHOW. This will require ANOTHER device/line on a family plan, has a SIM slot (?) and will need radios for various carriers.

baldhero

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Certainly, on stand-by will be a full day 24-hours and continues using is estimated at around 5 hours.
In the meantime, we are searching for any alternative solution for better performance.

baldhero

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
It's essentially a mobile phone on itself, so it does required SIM card. A 3G data plan will also be needed to enable the GPS tracking functionality.

Hope it answers your question.

yopablo

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Then, I think this is a negative point and having into account that the target are children, high autonomy is a most important requirement in order to cover safety requirements like alerts, ...

baldhero

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Completely understood your concern, yopablo. We are well aware that having ample power on any device is a huge plus, but adding higher voltage battery in such small device will make it more bulky for children. We are working on finding a better solution for better performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC