Are there Any Kindle Fire HD 6 Equivalents?

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I am scouring websites and can not find a comparable tablet the Fire HD 6 that has Google Play. All the decent enough Android tablets run over the $99 price tag of the HD 6. Anyone know anything I missed?

Posted via the Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure you'll find a Google-sanctioned device (meaning it will have Google services on it) at that price point. Amazon can sell theirs at such a low price because they anticipate the Amazon Prime subscription fees will more than cover the "loss" they may sell the device at. To get FULL use of all the features (Amazon streaming services) you need a Prime account.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure you'll find a Google-sanctioned device (meaning it will have Google services on it) at that price point. Amazon can sell theirs at such a low price because they anticipate the Amazon Prime subscription fees will more than cover the "loss" they may sell the device at. To get FULL use of all the features (Amazon streaming services) you need a Prime account.

You don't need a Prime account. All amazon prime does is provide unlimited video streaming but you cam just watch videos by passing for them.

My issue is that while Android has changed to be real high end devices, they still suck on the low end. Every single tablet under $150 had compromises.

The tablet I am aiming for now is the Asus Memo Pad HD 7, it is $149. I wish it was cheaper though.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I found an Android tablet equivalent finally, it is the Hipstreet Titan 3 7, comes with a 1GB of RAM, dual core processor, and the play store all for $89.99.

The only problem is that it is sold out at BestBuy.com and isn't available at any stores by my college. 😠

I may have to get a Kindle Fire HD 6 then.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I think I may get a HP Stream 7 instead of the HD 6. I can't stop buying movies on Xbox Video and only devices with Microsoft's OS have Xbox Video as an app, so I have to get a Windows tab and the Stream 7 is a HD 6 contender on price and performance.

Android with Google Services is still devoid of a HD 6 contender.

pezhedz

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Have you considered rooting a kindle? For $99, the Kindle Fire HD 6 seems like a contender for such a thing.

Otherwise, I was looking for something similar and am thinking of purchasing a HP Stream 7 just because Microsoft has such a great deal running right now. ($79 + 1 year Office, 100 skype minutes and $25 Store credit)

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Have you considered rooting a kindle? For $99, the Kindle Fire HD 6 seems like a contender for such a thing.

Otherwise, I was looking for something similar and am thinking of purchasing a HP Stream 7 just because Microsoft has such a great deal running right now. ($79 + 1 year Office, 100 skype minutes and $25 Store credit)

Yeah, the Stream 7 is a good deal but I have consistently heard of some performance issues and then the speakers suck. It seems if they out 2GB of RAM instead of 1 it would be better.

I am just going to wait it out and see what new Windows tablets come out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2