Help Syncing Microsoft/Outlook/Hotmail Account & Contacts to new Android Phone

sds0918

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I need help doing exactly this. I'm losing my mind trying to sync my Microsoft account to my new Note Edge so I can have my contacts. It is SO difficult to contact support for Microsoft and android (which only wants you to contact the phone manufacturer it seems) and it is fruitless. I used to use a windows phone and had all of my contacts saved to my Microsoft account. How in gods name do I sync it or add it to my android phone? I've downloaded the outlook app and for some reason NONE of my contacts are showing up nor do I see an option to sync them to the phone contact list either.

Please help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
For the email account, go to Accounts and Add an account. Add an email account, and put in your hotmail address. It'll give you "next" prompts to set everything up automatically once you put in the email address and password for the email address. Then it'll sync the emails.

Outlook? If you mean Exchange, there's also a new Microsoft Exchange account you can add. (Outlook itself is just an email program running on a Windows computer, it's not a type of email service.)

sds0918

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
See this is what blows my mind. I have an "outlook" account that it used for my Microsoft account and my username is my yahoo email address. Even in outlook.com the only email listed is my yahoo one. So I have no idea what to do. My head is about to explode because this makes no sense and it seems like there is no solution.

sds0918

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I even just though I found a work around. I linked my Microsoft account contacts with my yahoo account. Then I added my yahoo to my phone... but it only seems to link the emails and not the contacts. This this is unbelievably frustrating its unreal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox