just wondering how u guys use your phone

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I am posting this out of curiosity. What do you all use your phones for. What phone do you have and on what network is it? I have Verizon Wireless and use it quite a bit for phone calls text email YouTube Netflix Android Central and all kinds of other things sometimes. I use very little data or an outside of the house around 1 gigabyte but a whole lot in the house thanks to Netflix. Lol, canceled TV. How do you all like your service provider? I am certainly using a Samsung Galaxy s3 that I traded in from an iPhone 5s. I can't be happier. I am done with Verizon Wireless for many years but was looking at T Mobile eventually, no time in the near future maybe in the next couple of years. I like how their business plan is unlimited data. What carrier do you all have and do you like it. How much data do you consume every month?
Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I am done with Verizon Wireless for many years but was looking at T Mobile eventually, no time in the near future maybe in the next couple of years. I like how their business plan is unlimited data.
Totally wrong way to pick a carrier.

First step - check every place you're going to need coverage (that means when you're sitting at your desk, not just the hallway by your office), inside your house, in the back of a large store you may want to call the wife from - exact locations. A phone without coverage is worth less than a brick - the brick makes a better weapon. (I moved to North Caroline on Sprint, which gave me solid coverage in New York. I couldn't find a dead spot [and, having been in the business, I looked, because the "service" Sprint used to have in the area varied between none and non-existent]. When I moved here, the signal wasn't as great, but it was usable almost everywhere - except inside my daughter's house. Front step - fine. Walk inside the door and you lose it. Rear yard, patio - fine. Walk through the patio doors and you lose it. [There's a sharp ridge about 100 feet south of her house, and Sprint's tower is to the south. Knife-edge diffraction caused the hole.] Verizon worked fine in her house, but I don't like what CDMA sounds like when it goes digital, and I like to be able to switch phones by switching the SIM card to another phone. I checked AT&T's coverage by buying a $10 Tracfone that uses AT&T towers and they have an entire area of town with poor-to-none coverage - that I'll never be in, so I don't care. The rest of the city is solid. So I'm on AT&T. The fact that their Device Support Center has great people working there is just a bonus.) Costs more, but I don't mind paying for service.

If you want cheap, Walmart is about $35/month (I think it's 2.5GB of data at full speed) and uses TMobile.

How much data do you consume every month?
Between me, my wife and one grandson (moved him over to our plan a couple of months ago), it varies between a few hundred MB and 10-12GB. Mostly him. I rarely get close to 1GB/month, and my wife never does - since suffering a stroke, she's usually at home - wifi, texting, Skype or on her laptop (no World of Warcraft for phones yet) or at a doctor's office and she doesn't bring her phone because I always have mine and our calendars are linked.

My use? My phone is my "don't want to lug a laptop" computer. I can analyze networks, check satellite positions, announce my location for APRS - just about anything I can do on my laptop. Oh - and make phone calls.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Gray and put, I read your post much interest. I am happy with verizon wireless I just wanted to see how everybody else help about the carriers. I'm not really in the market for a new carrier and laugh I decided that I want something with unlimited data. That would take me to andrews mobile or t mobile. I just wanted to hear you guys opinion. Overall I'm happy where I am right now. You are absolutely right and how to find a new carrier. I absolutely agree with you. Sorry for the bad spelling I'm using voice dictation and it is not always the best. I tried boost mobile for a brief time and really liked it. 35 dollars a month but only problem westbound colony on phone calls was not that good, use the same phone that I am using on verizon wireless the samsung galaxy s 3. I love my phone. I just want to see how you are feel about your current providers. So yes, Boost Mobile is great however sound quality is a little bit less than desirable when on a telephone call.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and I'd dump them in a heartbeat but I don't feel like experimenting with different phones/providers to figure out if a certain carrier works in my area. Most I know have Verizon so they're no help to me on coverage. I suspect this constitutes a bulk of Verizon's customers since they're so pricey but have good coverage.

I don't use data much, in fact I'm trying to use my phone as little as possible. Nothing worse than having your head buried in a phone all day. It's primarily business now and I don't do any social media anyway.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
hope your wife is doing ok. Strokes can be very tough.
Thank you. She was very lucky - one lesion on the right side that seems to have had no effect, one on the left side (she's left-handed, so she still has full use of her dominant side) that left her walking, as she puts it, "like a drunk penguin", and she has no heat sensitivity in her right hand or arm. Her hairdresser's husband had a stroke and will be spending the rest of his life in a bed in a nursing home, so my wife is aware of how lucky she was. She prepared a large family dinner today - on her feet for 6 hours. (I was the sous chef last night, cutting things until I thought I'd cut my way to china.)

Unlimited data? We have 15GB, and a 12 year old (one of my grandsons) on our plan. We sometimes get close to 1GB usage a month. (We paid for 5GB, got upgraded to 10GB and a reduction in price, then got a free upgrade to 15GB. I never look at how much data I use - I'm retired, so I'm not going to work hard enough to use 500MB a day every day away from home. If I get an email when I'm in a doctor's office, I answer it. But answering questions here with an S-Pen is too much like work.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12