How often do you replace your phone?

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I prefer to upgrade once a year, but this year I didn't like anything new, so I'm stuck with my 2014 Moto X, which wouldn't be so bad, but if course I have a vzw one..

Ashtroid666

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I'll hold on to my phone until it fail to deliver its task.
Was using my Sony Xperia ZL for almost 2 and a half years until the board got problem and microphone busted.

alhc78

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could say I keep phones for at least 2 years or longer but I think the longest has been just over a year. Most the time at least 2 phones a year for me.

TexMexDroid

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
What I've noticed is that even top of the line phones (S6, etc) become slower and sloooooower after a few months of intensive use. To make matters worse, sometimes software updates slow things down instead of making the phone run smoother. Nexus phones seem to be a bit better in this regard, but it almost feels like an industry conspiracy to make you buy a new phone every year!

Lee5454

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I buy a new phone every year, but I normally buy phones that are 6-12 months old:
July 2014 - HTC One M7
April 2015 - Huawei Ascend Mate 7
April 2016 - S6 Edge+

As soon as the Galaxy S7 becomes available I'm hoping the S6 Edge+'s price will fall and then I'll pick one up. By getting phones that are from the previous year I a) save money, b) avoid any early bugs/performance issues, c) don't have to wait for the phone to be upgraded to the latest version of Android.
Plus, I get to sit and wait and read lots of reviews on the current year's flagships to see which one I fancy for next year.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I like this thread. It's interesting to see how long folks keep their devices for. Far longer than I thought. I didn't think I'd see something as high as 24 months, let alone 30.

I switch devices about every 8-10 months. The longest time I've had a single device was my junior year in high school up until a year after I graduated. It was the Motorola Slvr on Verizon. It was my very first cell phone under my name. Since then I've had a different device every 8-10 months. I may have the Note 4 for a long time if the Note 6 doesn't carry a removable battery and/or microsd card. Might have to pick up an extra Note 4 if that's the case in case this one caps out on me.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Every 2-3 years but my current G4 is too big, if I score a decent contract this spring I'll dump it and get the smaller S7. My big phone experiment is concluded...never again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair