5 Reasons Why Android is Better Than iOS

Android4Ever

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
5 Reasons Why Android is Better Than iOS

Good to see that someone can point out the obvious reasons why Android is better than iOS. I was talking to a friend the other day and I was trying to come up with some more reasons, but I drew a blank.

I'd appreciate it if some of you guys could post here with more not-so-obvious reasons why Android is superior.

Thanks AndroidCentral'ers!

Oh and mods, if this doesn't belong in Android News, I'd be thankful for you to move it. This seemed the most suitable forum.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I liked the article it wasnt a fanboyism article. All of itis really just common sense when you look at it. Apple still doesnt have actual multitasking.

locus

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
What I dont understand is why the companies that make Android devices are not as good as apple in advertising, we all know that Android is superior, and we all know apple is good a advertising thats why everyone and their brother run to them, with Android being superior why not get with it and make some good advertising, apple would be left in the dust.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I think part of the problem is the advertising in most cases is left up to the carriers. I think the only manufacturer I've seen put out their own separate ad for an Android device is Samsung (and I don't see it very often). Verizon I think has done a tremendous job with their advertising, but Sprint and especially AT&T (no surprise) are well behind.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Very good points and are on key with what is propelling Android in the mobile market. I agree with Jerry, that Android doesn't require a specific OS to properly backup the device; I bought an iPad for for my wife this Christmas and it won't turn on unless I had the newest Apple OS that supports the newest itunes installed on the computer which is a Mac.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, here's another reason why Android is better than iOS. iOS is mostly backed by fanboys who think you're a moron if you choose anything other than iOS (I've had friends disown me for getting a phone other than iPhone), Android gives beauty and the community seems to be nicer too, none of my Android friends have kicked off over my choice of phone (BlackBerry), although some of my BB friends have kicked off over me considering Android.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, here's another reason why Android is better than iOS. iOS is mostly backed by fanboys who think you're a moron if you choose anything other than iOS (I've had friends disown me for getting a phone other than iPhone), Android gives beauty and the community seems to be nicer too, none of my Android friends have kicked off over my choice of phone (BlackBerry), although some of my BB friends have kicked off over me considering Android.

I think Android owners just quietly sulk in the fact that they are satisfied with our platform. Sure we take shots at other platforms at times, but we're not zombies, and we sure as heck aren't simple minded. I know for me, if I'm happy, that's all I care about. If someone else is happy on another platform, so be it.

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
#1 reason Android OS is better, no turtle-neck wearing dictator trying to brainwash you into believing he knows whats best for you.
To the iOS fanboys/girls- I got the best Sahara water front property to sell you complete with your own ski resort outback! J/k J/K seriously tho you wanna buy it?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
What I dont understand is why the companies that make Android devices are not as good as apple in advertising, we all know that Android is superior, and we all know apple is good a advertising thats why everyone and their brother run to them, with Android being superior why not get with it and make some good advertising, apple would be left in the dust.

What about what Verizon did with the Droid? That is some good advertizing.....

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

+1... (Sprint)

Swyped from my EVO using Taptalk Pro

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Lol don't we look like the biggest group of fan boys. No knock to anybody but isn't this the same type of rah rah chest beating done by our ios counterparts? Is android superior that'd up to the consumer to decide with there dollars. Soon enough iPhone for better or worse will be one two carriers and will likely slow the push of android at big red. There's no denying that tons of og Droid owners are waiting for the iPhone on big red. Will it stop android, no way but with 1. Better market setup 2. Bettery battery life. 3 easier os for average end users 4. Huge dev community(think quality apps) 5. Verizon apple looks to take the fight back to android. The good thing is we as end users benefit from it as this will mean better android devices on sprint, t-mo as welll as Verizon. 2011 will be and interesting year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy