Will VZW Nexus One be HTC Bravo?

froboebel

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
This question has been resolved months ago. Please let this thread die.

From the press event:
"10:46AM: It’s coming through Google hosted web store to provide an efficient way to connect to selected Android devices. You can purchase a Nexus One with service from T-Mobile starting today. Whoa, coming in Spring of 2010 to Verizon, too!"

So, the Nexus One we have seen has a physical trackball. The HTC Bravo we saw in the leaked HTC lineup has physical buttons and an optical trackball, and looks about 10x better in my opinion.

Both have "Spring of 2010" as the date, so there is something missing here. I really am hoping the BRAVO is what eventually gets released on Verizon, but it seems like noone has been able to answer this question so far. Any info, and does anyone else share my opinion?

The two phones have virtually the same specs, but i would prefer the trackball-less, sexier version with physical buttons. Who agrees?

Last edited:

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The different names are just slightly different looking versions of the same phone, for different networks / releases.

Passion / Incredible = Verizon / CDMA release (now slated for spring)
Bravo = Europe
Nexus One = Initial release for US GSM

Like the Hero has different versions, it will have a slightly different look and different name, but pretty much the same phone in a different package.

And personally I do prefer the optical version of the trackball, but some are the opposite.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I have a feeling that there will be a lot of phones for a lot of carriers available from Google eventually. It wouldn't surprise me if we see some sexy hardware for Verizon for sale on there in the near future.

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
The different names are just slightly different looking versions of the same phone, for different networks / releases.

Passion / Incredible = Verizon / CDMA release (now slated for spring)
Bravo = Europe
Nexus One = Initial release for US GSM

Like the Hero has different versions, it will have a slightly different look and different name, but pretty much the same phone in a different package.

And personally I do prefer the optical version of the trackball, but some are the opposite.

Im not so sure about that...pictures of what the passion/bravo may look like ahve been floating around for a while and based on the google nexus one site and press release today...it seems like the nexus one will be the same on all carriers as you can buy it direct and activate with whoever you want if you so choose.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Im not so sure about that...pictures of what the passion/bravo may look like ahve been floating around for a while and based on the google nexus one site and press release today...it seems like the nexus one will be the same on all carriers as you can buy it direct and activate with whoever you want if you so choose.

Yah it looks like you are right. So the passion / incredible will be a separate phone. I wish they'd fricken set us straight all these damn phones are getting hard to keep track of lol.

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
It would be easier if they gave us estimated release dates too.... If we hear over the next few days at CES that HTC is putting out a phone on verizon that will be out before spring/ by the end of this month we know that the bravo/passion/incredible/whatever its being called now is NOT the nexus one... I really hope they set this straight soon its getting irritating.

froboebel

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I agree completely. I am not sure of the chances of a separate HTC phone(Bravo) coming to Verizon right before the Nexus One releases for Verizon though. Of course, who am I to predict anything; weirder things happen.

EDIT: I just thought about it; The specs for the HTC Bravo include CDMA, which to my understanding is found nowhere in Europe, so how can Bravo = European Passion?

I am hoping that rumors of a new HTC device for Verizon this month turn out to be the Bravo. This might not be so good for the sale of the Nexus One(and therefore Google's idea of selling phones) if it does come to Verizon soon though. Thoughts?

Last edited:

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
if you go to PDAcomparer and check the specs they look identical to each other except bravo looks to have sense ui and the nexus is just stock android.
I would prefer the bravo to the nexus but will gladly settle for the nexus. I have the eris now and was going to pick up a droid cheap somewhere but I think i will hold off for one of these.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I was reading the HTC hero article on WIKI and if you look in the bar on the right side it showed the HTC Bravo to be the successor to the HTC Hero. Theres a good chance VZW/Vodaphones verizon of the N1 will have Sense.

P.S. Trackpad FTW :p

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
price could come into play with the legend. like the eris and moto droid

i'm also hoping the bravo is what is coming to verizon, 2.1+sense+snapdragon+optical trackball = my phone for the next 9mo to a year. :p

Last edited:

beaker#AC

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, and I don't the Bravo is going to have as high a resolution as the Nexus One. Also, if I am not mistaken the Hero has a resolution of 480 x 320.

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
price could come into play with the legend. like the eris and moto droid

i'm also hoping the bravo is what is coming to verizon, 2.1+sense+snapdragon+optical trackball = my phone for the next 9mo to a year. :p

This goes for me as well...I'm digging the physical buttons and the optical tp

froboebel

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
After reading through the N1 forum, I think the fact that the Bravo has the physical buttons will be a huge improvement over the touch buttons. Many are complaining about how the touch buttons on the N1 are not very responsive and you have to touch them just right in order for it to register. Physical buttons should never have such a problem.

I have never held an N1, and the trackball doesn't seem to stick out too far, but I would imagine that the optical version would still be less intrusive.

If the Bravo really doesn't have as high a screen resolution like beaker said, those features still make it a superior device in my opinion.

Thank you all for replying! The thread topic kind of changed from the original, and now seems to be more about when we will see the Bravo on Verizon! I am glad I am not alone in this curiosity.

beaker#AC

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that the Verizon Nexus One will be anything other than the Nexus One that is currently out.

Plus, the Bravo is different from the Nexus One.