Why should I buy a tablet?

Arganxon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
for a long time I am thinking about buying a tablet, but I can't figure out a solid reason why to buy it. I wonder why you have bought a tablet? What was your reason and in which situation are you using it?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,
for a long time I am thinking about buying a tablet, but I can't figure out a solid reason why to buy it. I wonder why you have bought a tablet? What was your reason and in which situation are you using it?

nope. i could never find a reason so i never bought one. i have a 5" Phone and a 13.3" Laptop. Tablet is a solution without a problem.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I have limited use for a tablet, but there are situations when it's useful.

Books are a lot easier to read on it than a phone.

I travel a lot, and can use a tablet and portable keyboard as a much lighter alternative to a laptop for word and Excell.

When traveling, watching movies on a tablet is a lot more satisfying.

There is a better Skype experience on a tablet.

While I can take notes in meetings on my phone, it looks like I'm texting. A tablet looks more legit - even when I do get bored and am just fooling around!

Posted via the Android Central App

Arganxon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have limited use for a tablet, but there are situations when it's useful.

Books are a lot easier to read on it than a phone.

I travel a lot, and can use a tablet and portable keyboard as a much lighter alternative to a laptop for word and Excell.

When traveling, watching movies on a tablet is a lot more satisfying.

There is a better Skype experience on a tablet.

While I can take notes in meetings on my phone, it looks like I'm texting. A tablet looks more legit - even when I do get bored and am just fooling around!

Posted via the Android Central App

It is true that for traveling could be tablet useful. Good point. Well I will think about it with clear head. Thank you guys for your posts.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a tablet, laptop and 5.1 phone all serve different purposes. Laptop is for home use in my office with dual monitors for my bigger work, my Tablet is for when I am at work and need to access data for my job and personal use where my work laptop doesn't fit the bill and my phone is the all around quick goto tool. But a Tablet fits certain needs that a laptop doesn't like sitting on the couch, using it in bed to read or play games. I just don't need the laptop in those cases. Its more portable and flexible and I have a BT keyboard I can use as well.

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I have all three. I actually like my lg gpad 8.3 for home use. I rarely ever take it when I go anywhere else cause my galaxy s6 is big enough to use. I mainly use my laptop for propresenter for church, and I use a work laptop for charting all day so I don't really want to use a laptop at home lol. I actually traded into my gpad from a friend so I don't really have much in it at all I'll go weeks without using it, but since I don't really have much into it, it doesn't really hurt my feelings.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Mostly reading, web surfing and movies. Those 3 activities comprise about 90% of my tablet use, and all 3 are much harder on my eyes on even a 5" or 6" phone for me.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

So I 1st got a iPad1 32GB, then a Galaxy Tab10.1 and then a iPad 4 16GB, my reason for having tablets was content consumption, being able to read the newspaper on a huge display, web browsing for hours with little battery consumption and so on. But ever since I got a phablet (Note 4), I have had less and less reason to use my iPad or even buy another tablet, I've had my iPad4 since launch 2012 and I now tend to forget my iPad at home every now and then, I mainly use it for satnav, YouTube and Calendar at work, but thats about it.

Get yourself a phablet:

Galaxy Note 4
Galaxy Note 3
Huawei Mate 7
Google Nexus 6
Xperia Z Ultra

You will have best of both worlds.

Phablets come with incredible battery life, great displays and the compactness of a smartphone.

Helix_App

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I have a tablet, I didn't want one at first, but then I got into reading books again so I went ahead and bought one. I also use it for web surfing at night when I don't want to be on my laptop.

abazigal

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It is not about "Should", it is "need", I have a laptop, I have a phone. Why would I buy a tablet? well, actually, I would like buy a tablet to play games, it is not to big and not to small. but only with enough extra money. not because I don't have so I want to buy one. Am I saying crap again now ? sorry .hahahaha
especially I can take my tablet go to toilet, playing games or watching books during the.... you know....

Because I want one, and can afford one.

It's not so much about needing one, but desiring one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e-bsl

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

Pros for having a tablet
1) easier email,books etc reading compared to phone(small screen)and laptops(they are way heavier)
2)Good for playing mobile games (rather than a phone)
3) portable (compared to laptops)
4) its basically just for watching videos, web surfing , reading book, quick emails when you need to do , or when you need to show someone a PIC,powerpoint, etc. (You don't need to turn on your computer for basic things and you do it on a larger screen compared to a phone
5) last point .battery life better than phones and laptops

Posted via my Galaxy S5

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Reasons why I have a tablet:

1) Big screen, bigger than a phone, yet more portable than a laptop.
2) Web browsing.
3) Ebooks.
4) Magazines.
5) Movies.
6) Much longer battery life. My iPad gets about 10-12 hours of screen on time.
7) Doesn't drain your phone's battery life while you use it.
8) Faster, more powerful than a phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800