View Poll Results: Have you experienced the "SMS Bug"?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

110 26.63%
  • No

269 65.13%
  • Maybe -- something weird has happened (explain in the comments, please)

22 5.33%
  • It doesn't exist, user error FTW

12 2.91%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

ROM
    AOKP

never seen it I use a droid inc stock HTC too baby
    nothing nothing nothing

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    ROM
    GB & ICS

Default Sms bug

I have a SMS bug a little different than what is being listed on my Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate (Verizon)

What happens to me is after I send a txt, when the other person replies, the notification bar up at the top of the screen shows the msg preview and lists the reply as coming from another person replying.

But when I go to the Sms msg's it is listed as coming from the correct person who replied.

So only the notification bar shows the wrong name as the person who replied but the msg shows in the stock msg app under the correct name.

Not a deal breaker but Weird

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I could have swore that I recently sent a text to one person but another person responded back...I voted maybe because it could have happened, but then again, could have been my error..
    Banned

everytime I get a text that is more than 1 page (160 Characters) The rest of the pages are a bunch of symbols
    PPM

ROM
    Stock 2.1 Eclair

I experienced the bug once when I texted my dad and it accidentally went to one of my friends. Could have been user error, though.
    Any Android is so much better than any iPhone. :3

This has happened to me a few times already. I have an Epic 4G and this happened when I did both a reply to a text and a fresh newly composed text. Also, one thing to note is that on one occasion it (the newly composed text) went to someone that was a google voice contact...not a contact on my phone. I was able to confirm this when I logged into GV and saw the outgoing text that went to the wrong person.

It happened to me both using Handcent and the stock app......this needs fixing asap.

Default reply

Welcome to Mobile Phones UK. Here you will find hundreds of independent expert reviews plus over 30,000 consumer reviews, as well as links to the best online buys (pay as you go, contract & sim free). Don't waste your time searching we've already found you the best deals in the UK! But more importantly, we find you the best phones!

----------------------------------------------

happened to me once.. sent a text to my girlfriend and it sent it to my 12 year old daughter.. the text is in the girlfriends text feed like it was sent to her but it def went to my daughter!! not cool...

Acrobat 9
    project 2010
    Microsoft Office 2010 is so great!
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

I use SMS Popup app and haven't had any misdirected text messages to date.... at least, not that I know about. Seems all is OK with this in effect.
    Always learning ...

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

Stock HTC text app on Droid incredible has been flawless for me.

****Interesting to note in this discussion is my friend had this happen with his Blackberry recently so I wonder if the Carrier can cause this to happen?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Ive experienced this 3 times with the TB so far
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Not yet and I'm hoping that I would not =)

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    ROM
    SupaClean 2.9.2

Not yet...fingers crossed

I have had it quite a few times on my HTC Desire HD (not rooted). It gets really annoying.

I've had this problem happen to me a few times. I will select a conversation to type on, and it will go to somebody else's conversation without me knowing. Also, I've had the problem where it just completely sends to the wrong person.

Global Posts
    3,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

I have never experienced this bug, could be a bad thing if you send a text about your boss to your boss ... LOL

ROM
    Stock for now

I had my Evo since launch date and I never had that bug. Guess I'm just lucky

Not sure if it's a bug or what! I have not been able to download any mms photos attached to my text messages. The icon says "downloading" but nothing and if I try to send a photo attached to a text it will not send I keep getting an error message saying " can't send". Was on the phone for an hour and a half trying to get some answers from Sprint last night and still have the same problem this morning.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by htcevo4ginkcmo View Post
    Not sure if it's a bug or what! I have not been able to download any mms photos attached to my text messages. The icon says "downloading" but nothing and if I try to send a photo attached to a text it will not send I keep getting an error message saying " can't send". Was on the phone for an hour and a half trying to get some answers from Sprint last night and still have the same problem this morning.
    The SMS bug revered to in this thread is the tendancy for text messages to be sent to the wrong person randomly.
    Last edited by VZWRocks; 05-22-2011 at 01:56 AM.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

ROM
    Stock

Yes its happened on my Evo

Never had it happen. I do however, use Handcent. I just prefer it over the stock app.

never had it happen either
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast