I guess Google was mad at Apple?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I actually went to this location in my Google maps app and sure enough, zoom in and right there on some random Street in the middle of Pakistan, there it is a giant Android peeing on an apple. (angry over apple dropping Google maps)?
Hey, I enjoy talking about Apple just as much as the next well informed smartphone aficionado, but I'm sorry Google, this is unprofessional!

I posted a screenshot from my search on Google maps as well as the link and article.

Oh no, they didn’t! A giant Android pees on Apple in Google Maps

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 3968.jpg
    3968.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 87

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
That has made my day , I bet Apple would do the same thing if they had a sense of humour!!

Sent from my Nexus 7

I can't deny the humor lol but still just unexpected from corporate Giants, I suspect a rogue employee.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
It was the cause more than likely from someone messing with map maker. Because some miles from that, there is a phrase that says "Googles Review Policy sucks".

Posted via the Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Not Google's issue, and frankly they should NOT have apologized to anyone including apple over it. Map Maker is meant for users to submit new and relevant data and I am sure its curated and errors are found. But really apple takes more pots shots and cops a crappy attitude towards Android every year at their kiddie conference. Lets not forget the 5C and it's "Unapologetically Plastic" build. Seriously after years to taking Samsung to task over plastic, at least their phones didn't break apart like the 5C.

I would love to get a graphic of Andy Android peeing so I can put it on my MacBook Pro.

Helix_App

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Probably not an easter egg. I don't remember what article, but somebody "hacked" Google Maps and put "Edward Snowden's Den" on the Whitehouse.

Oilfield Trash

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Its done by using google map maker tool, A guy named Nitricboy added the giant android bot peeing on an apple.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance