I want more Android Phones

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
So after the Verizon LTE conference, I was super disappointed. The phones they plan on bringing out are just about the same as one another: candybar designed, 4.3" screen and have FFCs. Maybe it's just me, but I think that there should at least be 2 or 3 devices on each network from the same manufacturer. The devices could from the same model, for all I care, but I actually want to find a HTC qwerty phone, a regular moto droid phone w/ no keyboard or a Samsung media phone. Here are my phone "templates" that I wish manufacturers would try.

Default: candybar form 3-4" screen, "current" standard camera, no ffc (until they're very mainstream), single core cpu, standard battery, comes with a 8GB microSD card. Focusing on slimmer hardware design and longer battery life (like, not having to charge for a week with mild-medium use)

Keyboard: slider/flipout/folding design, 3.5-4" Screen, higher res camera, no ffc (until they're very mainstream), higher end single core cpu, larger battery, comes with a 16GB microSD card. Focusing on quickness, so either ram or data speeds. It also would be nice if these device could get kickstands as well.

Media-Hub: candybar form 4+" screen, kickstand, FFC, higher res camera, dual-core cpu, largest battery, comes with a 32GB MicroSD card. Focusing on handling intense graphics and data

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
These are pretty much the form factors Microsoft has mandated for WP7. Would be nice to have some more portrait sliders though...