How you deal with Craig'slist scammers?

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Guy has a m9 for sale for 300 nib, won't meet st Sprint pretty certain its stolen, I told him I want to see he phone, call sprint and confirm and he tells me sure incsn do that then doesn't give me his address.

How do you guys deal with scammers trying to make money off stolen stuff? I flagged his post, but he makes more everyday.

If I get the ESN is swappa ESN check legit?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Guy has a m9 for sale for 300 nib, won't meet st Sprint pretty certain its stolen, I told him I want to see he phone, call sprint and confirm and he tells me sure incsn do that then doesn't give me his address.

How do you guys deal with scammers trying to make money off stolen stuff? I flagged his post, but he makes more everyday.

If I get the ESN is swappa ESN check legit?

Simply flag as you said and move on. I wouldn't even attempt to buy from that guy. If he won't meet at a store to ensure it is clean than that is a huge red flag right away -- I wouldn't want to deal with that headache.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Swappa is 'right', but may lag the list by a day or more.

If it were me, and the guy was local, I'd find out how my local police department handles this sort of crime (it may be considered theft, fraud or a computer crime in different jurisdictions) then see if anyone there is interested in investigating the situation. Some departments will jump on it, some will tell you just to not buy the phone. (It's a federal crime too, so if it's easy to get to the nearest US Attorney's office, and you have the time, I'd see if they're interested too.)

The amount of crime in a given location is usually inversely proportional to the vigor with which that crime is prosecuted in that location. If selling crack becomes safer than stealing cellphones, criminals will stop stealing cellphones.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm not getting the phone, too much risk, I didn't call my police department but I'll see what they say around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa