February 7th major industry news..

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I still think doing and event that close to launch of a high demand device on a competitor is a bad move. Considering the number of android sites its more than likely and android tablet. Now if they where to show case the next evo device that would be awesome bit sprint dose not make many good decisions back to back lol.

agreed :)

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
K here's what I heard today from a very reliable corporate source:

It's a device. Dual, hinged, 4"+ screens. Apparently there's a second screen that flips up from the back, possibly just giving you one large screen, or possibly allowing you to run an app on each screen. No indication if it is actually a phone or just a tablet/slate..

Now I know, we haven't seen any leaks for something like that so it's hard to believe. I myself would never have believed it if it hadn't come from this source. But I have no reason not to believe them. Don't believe it if you don't want, but I'm just passing on what I heard, trying to do my part.. I'm actually really excited- don't know how the whole form factor is gonna work, but I can't wait to see :D

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
K here's what I heard today from a very reliable corporate source:

It's a device. Dual, hinged, 4"+ screens. Apparently there's a second screen that flips up from the back, possibly just giving you one large screen, or possibly allowing you to run an app on each screen. No indication if it is actually a phone or just a tablet/slate..

Now I know, we haven't seen any leaks for something like that so it's hard to believe. I myself would never have believed it if it hadn't come from this source. But I have no reason not to believe them. Don't believe it if you don't want, but I'm just passing on what I heard, trying to do my part.. I'm actually really excited- don't know how the whole form factor is gonna work, but I can't wait to see :D

hmmm...if your right, not sure how people will take to that strange form factor, but atleast somebody is trying something new...which is always good. Any info on what manufacturer will be involved?

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
hmmm...if your right, not sure how people will take to that strange form factor, but atleast somebody is trying something new...which is always good. Any info on what manufacturer will be involved?
Sprint does tend to be the guinea pig who rushes into everything first to get an edge on the competition, so I can definitely see them adopting something never-before-seen and maybe even a little strange. No idea on manufacturer, but people have been tossing around the idea of it being's HTC's rumored 3D device, which would fit in with the whole David Blaine/optical tie-in. But it's completely up in the air.. If I get more info I'll of course post it. It's making me really curious actually..

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
iBowToAndroid, now you've got me intrigued. I guess I will have to wait till Feb 7 to see if that rumor is true.
That's straight from an area leader who actually got their hands on one, so I can't imagine any reason why they'd make that up. It's definitely unique, whatever it is- I'm kinda excited to see too..

Guamguy

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
7 would usually connote a Windows Phone 7 device. But since CDMA WP7 is indefinite, and I am not sure, and as each day passes, seems less and less likely we will be hearing of a CDMA WP7 device (HTC 7 Pro for Sprint). All that talk of the HTC 7 Trophy for Verizon seems to have gone for now.

So I think the other 7 would be 7" tablets. I'm starting to think this is about some sort of 4G tablet for Sprint.

EVO II should be, by logical basis, announced soon too. This brings the EVO to the same hardware and software standard by the Desire HD, meaning, using the 8255 Snapdragon and the third generation HTC Sense.

oversight

May 14, 2010
Visit site
EVO II should be, by logical basis, announced soon too. This brings the EVO to the same hardware and software standard by the Desire HD, meaning, using the 8255 Snapdragon and the third generation HTC Sense.

We will probably get a sneak peek of the HTC 2011 devices next month @ MWC. I wouldn't expect the next iteration of the EVO to start peeking out until after CTIA in March. When they do, hopefully it will leapfrog beyond a simple 'me to' of the Thunderbolt/Inspire/Desire HD (and stay the hell away from 3D) to an actual 2011 HTC device.

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Read an article on gizmodo this morning about a concept phone with 3 screens the
Hat unfolds into a tab. Held together by steel mesh hinges. Looked interesting. Wonder if these could be related?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

natehoch96

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I think it's going to be something new, unique, and different from the rest of the phones. I don't know what, maybe a dual screen maybe a 3D phone, maybe both! I just think Android in general needs a new phone that just sets it aside from the rest, game changing.

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
My first question is why they iPhone keeps making its way onto a Android site/blog?

My second question is why would Apple want to put a WiMax iPhone on Sprint, when they didn't make the iPhone for VZW LTE capable?

The answer to the second question is that Apple would much rather go with tried and tested technology (3G) over new and untested technology (WiMax or LTE). That is the reason they made the first iPhone edge only (even though AT&T 3G had been out and tested for a long time). IF Sprint would ever get the iPhone, and I doubt that will ever happen, it would be 3G not WiMax. I honestly think the iPhone would be end up on T-Mobile before Sprint, but I wouldn't expect it on T-Mobile either.

And for the people who say "but they said this is not an exclusive to Verizon", there are other countries that use CDMA technology, so that doesn't automatically mean that Sprint will get it.

Now this is an Android Forum, please stop posting stuff on the iPhone. You want to do that, go over to TiPb.com

i agree!!!!!

whats so special about the iphone iam very happy with my android phone!!i mean it

Guamguy

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
We will probably get a sneak peek of the HTC 2011 devices next month @ MWC. I wouldn't expect the next iteration of the EVO to start peeking out until after CTIA in March. When they do, hopefully it will leapfrog beyond a simple 'me to' of the Thunderbolt/Inspire/Desire HD (and stay the hell away from 3D) to an actual 2011 HTC device.

To be honest I don't expect EVO II to deviate from the Thunderbolt/Inspire/Desire HD. That's basically how HTC can rationalize production, and that's how the phone manufacturing business is run.

I do think there maybe some innovative things beyond the Vision/Ace platform that HTC is supporting now. These things are slated on the 2nd half of 2011, and one of them is a true made for Honeycomb type of phone. By this I mean, the front plate of the phone would now eliminate the four buttons on the bottom as well as the trackball so the entire front screen is a glass touch screen. The four buttons would then be implemented in software only.

Basically it would mean a phone about the size of a Droid Incredible, meaning intended to hold a 3.7 or 3.8" screen now, could gain another 5mm of display and touchscreen, creating 4.3" displays on phones that is currently 3.7" in screen sizes.

Guamguy

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I thought it may have something to do with Windows Phone 7 because the date is a "7" and an HTC "Knight" might be headed for Sprint. This maybe the HTC 7 Pro, which has a sliding keyboard.

Tried an LG Quantum with the slider yesterday. Pull the keyboard down, the WP7 screen still stays portrait. Some apps can go display landscape, others stay at portrait. Good luck Sprint trying to sell that one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay