Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default February 7th major industry news..

    Okay on February 7th the industry is going to make a major announcement...here is what we're hearing.

    = Wimax Iphone
    = HTC Evo 3D

    Can't wait to see what it is...
  2. #2  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RadioShackDude View Post
    Okay on February 7th the industry is going to make a major announcement...here is what we're hearing.

    = Wimax Iphone
    = HTC Evo 3D

    Can't wait to see what it is...
    Apple would NEVER, EVER build a WiMax iPhone. It just isn't going to happen.
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Apple would NEVER, EVER build a WiMax iPhone. It just isn't going to happen.
    Why not? For 5 years, Apple has only had 1 carrier to work with. They know there are a lot of consumers that are tied to their network and couldn't jump to AT&T even though they wanted the iPhone more than life itself.

    Apple would be foolish not to build the iPhone for any carrier that offers a good deal. Not that Apple doesn't do foolish things, but I wouldn't be surprised. If they build a 3G capable phone for Verizon just for the sake of picking up Verizon customers even though LTE is now available, why wouldn't they build a WiMax device?
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Apple would NEVER, EVER build a WiMax iPhone. It just isn't going to happen.
    Yeh but apart from that....
    Sprint won't want to also release an iPhone too. That's just weird.
    Sent From Tapatalk.
    [Signature removed by admin]
  5. #5  
    Bigfire's Avatar

    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom

    Default

    I don't think 'that's weird' constitutes a solid business strategy. If you don't build a WiMax Iphone, you're leaving Millions of dollars on the table. There was a reason the guy indicated it was a non-exclusive deal with Verizon...obviously it couldn't be due to AT&T still being able to carry the device, but I think he would've been fine clarifying it as a Verizon-only contract to let customers know to 'jump on the VZW bandwagon or else you won't be able to get the device'

    This could be what will be announced by Sprint in a couple weeks, but I think Apple would be smart to try getting as many VZW devices sold as possible (marketing, yada yada) before announcing that it will also be available for sprint.

    Last thing to consider is the concern Sprint is trying to work through with Clearwire. It's still not clear how long they will be using WiMax, so I feel that needs some more waiting time before Apple jumps on board with putting that antenna in its device.
    Samsung Instinct > Palm Pre > HTC EVO > Evo 3D > Samsung GSIII on VZW
  6. #6  
    Icon's Avatar

    Posts
    115 Posts
    ROM
    X:DS 4.2 X10:CM 6.1.3

    Default

    My first question is why they iPhone keeps making its way onto a Android site/blog?

    My second question is why would Apple want to put a WiMax iPhone on Sprint, when they didn't make the iPhone for VZW LTE capable?

    The answer to the second question is that Apple would much rather go with tried and tested technology (3G) over new and untested technology (WiMax or LTE). That is the reason they made the first iPhone edge only (even though AT&T 3G had been out and tested for a long time). IF Sprint would ever get the iPhone, and I doubt that will ever happen, it would be 3G not WiMax. I honestly think the iPhone would be end up on T-Mobile before Sprint, but I wouldn't expect it on T-Mobile either.

    And for the people who say "but they said this is not an exclusive to Verizon", there are other countries that use CDMA technology, so that doesn't automatically mean that Sprint will get it.

    Now this is an Android Forum, please stop posting stuff on the iPhone. You want to do that, go over to TiPb.com
    "Life isn't fair, and neither are smartphone upgrades" -Phil Nickinson
  7. #7  
    2CupsWithString's Avatar
    passionately curious

    Posts
    2,812 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Yeh but apart from that....
    Sprint won't want to also release an iPhone too. That's just weird.
    Sent From Tapatalk.
    actually months ago when Dan Hesse was asked about bringing the iphone to Sprint he said he'd love to bring all choices to Sprint's customers. I think the link is on this site or engadget and I'm pretty sure it was over the summer.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Apple would NEVER, EVER build a WiMax iPhone. It just isn't going to happen.
    Famous Last Words.

    For 3 years the fanbois claimed Apple would never in a million years build a CDMA phone.

    Get your ketchup, because you might have to eat those words.
  9. #9  
    Jalarm's Avatar

    Posts
    810 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    It's gonna be a Web OS tablet.
  10. #10  
    Chris Kerrigan's Avatar

    Posts
    3,877 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Or it's going to be whatever they announce on February 7th

    Soooo many rumors, soooooo little to backup any of them.

    New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
  11. #11  

    Default

    Sounds like Korea might be getting a WiMax Iphone 4, I guess Sprint can claim "industry first" if they move quick.



    EDIT: Actually after re-reading, this looks to be an old article based on the dates, but seems so relevant to today happenings.
    Last edited by belushi; 01-14-2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: update
  12. #12  
    lornaevo's Avatar

    Posts
    614 Posts
    Global Posts
    867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

    Default

    I think this is WebOs related or it could be the first CDMA Windows Mobile phone.
  13. #13  
    cheburashka's Avatar

    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanGB 1.1.2-MTD

    Default

    um no. it'll be an iphone 5 running android with webos-like ui and a gesture area w/ capacitive home button like on pre 2 :P it'll be dual cdma/gsm and unlocked of course. just enter konami code to enter dev mode...

    ...oh, almost forgot! it can build you an iLand and grant you up to 3 wishes.
  14. #14  

    Default

    There is no way to physically fit a WiMax radio (and a standard CDMA radio) inside the iPhone 4 as currently designed. Next rumor please...
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)
  15. #15  
    Nophix's Avatar

    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    364 Global Posts
    ROM
    Which phone?

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheburashka View Post
    um no. it'll be an iphone 5 running android with webos-like ui and a gesture area w/ capacitive home button like on pre 2 :P it'll be dual cdma/gsm and unlocked of course. just enter konami code to enter dev mode...

    ...oh, almost forgot! it can build you an iLand and grant you up to 3 wishes.
    Best thing I've read all morning!!
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 5
    Kindle Fire
  16. #16  

    Default

    Yeah it wont be a wimax iPhone. The return on investment for Apple in that proposition is zilch. Wimax isn't going to be the future of radio technologybas lte has become the future standard. As it stands it could be a Sprint iPhone 3g only as that would be extremely easy to make from the Verizon version.

    As for a 3D EVO, god I hope not. This whole 3D thing is rediculous and I hope they stop trying to force it upon us like its the second coming. It would be a shame to see the awesome EVO name attached to this 3D fad.
    Enjoy every day.
  17. #17  

    Default

    My guess is either a 4G Blackberry/WP7 and/or something to do with service/contracts.
  18. #18  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    Famous Last Words.

    For 3 years the fanbois claimed Apple would never in a million years build a CDMA phone.

    Get your ketchup, because you might have to eat those words.
    I don't recall anyone ever saying any such thing. It was a foregone conclusion that Apple would build a CDMA iPhone; the only question people had was when.
  19. #19  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    As for this rumor; it could be any number of things. It could be a CDMA Windows Phone, or it could be a new 4G WebOS product. Who knows?
  20. #20  
    SdotJ's Avatar

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default

    I still think doing and event that close to launch of a high demand device on a competitor is a bad move. Considering the number of android sites its more than likely and android tablet. Now if they where to show case the next evo device that would be awesome bit sprint dose not make many good decisions back to back lol.
  21. #21  
    Icon's Avatar

    Posts
    115 Posts
    ROM
    X:DS 4.2 X10:CM 6.1.3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evo soul View Post
    I still think doing and event that close to launch of a high demand device on a competitor is a bad move. Considering the number of android sites its more than likely and android tablet. Now if they where to show case the next evo device that would be awesome bit sprint dose not make many good decisions back to back lol.

    agreed
    "Life isn't fair, and neither are smartphone upgrades" -Phil Nickinson
  22. #22  
    eze036's Avatar

    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

    Default

    i think its gana be a blackberry with 4g or merger with google i hope
  23. #23  
    iBowToAndroid's Avatar

    Posts
    705 Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default

    K here's what I heard today from a very reliable corporate source:

    It's a device. Dual, hinged, 4"+ screens. Apparently there's a second screen that flips up from the back, possibly just giving you one large screen, or possibly allowing you to run an app on each screen. No indication if it is actually a phone or just a tablet/slate..

    Now I know, we haven't seen any leaks for something like that so it's hard to believe. I myself would never have believed it if it hadn't come from this source. But I have no reason not to believe them. Don't believe it if you don't want, but I'm just passing on what I heard, trying to do my part.. I'm actually really excited- don't know how the whole form factor is gonna work, but I can't wait to see
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+
  24. #24  
    Icon's Avatar

    Posts
    115 Posts
    ROM
    X:DS 4.2 X10:CM 6.1.3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid View Post
    K here's what I heard today from a very reliable corporate source:

    It's a device. Dual, hinged, 4"+ screens. Apparently there's a second screen that flips up from the back, possibly just giving you one large screen, or possibly allowing you to run an app on each screen. No indication if it is actually a phone or just a tablet/slate..

    Now I know, we haven't seen any leaks for something like that so it's hard to believe. I myself would never have believed it if it hadn't come from this source. But I have no reason not to believe them. Don't believe it if you don't want, but I'm just passing on what I heard, trying to do my part.. I'm actually really excited- don't know how the whole form factor is gonna work, but I can't wait to see

    hmmm...if your right, not sure how people will take to that strange form factor, but atleast somebody is trying something new...which is always good. Any info on what manufacturer will be involved?
    "Life isn't fair, and neither are smartphone upgrades" -Phil Nickinson
  25. #25  
    iBowToAndroid's Avatar

    Posts
    705 Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icon View Post
    hmmm...if your right, not sure how people will take to that strange form factor, but atleast somebody is trying something new...which is always good. Any info on what manufacturer will be involved?
    Sprint does tend to be the guinea pig who rushes into everything first to get an edge on the competition, so I can definitely see them adopting something never-before-seen and maybe even a little strange. No idea on manufacturer, but people have been tossing around the idea of it being's HTC's rumored 3D device, which would fit in with the whole David Blaine/optical tie-in. But it's completely up in the air.. If I get more info I'll of course post it. It's making me really curious actually..
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B