Galaxy Alpha 5 vs. Xperia Z3 Compact

thatdennis

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
So I'm in the market for a small phone, and it has come to these two. Initially I wanted to buy the Z3 Compact, but kept hearing news of a mediocre camera for the compact and a horrible customer service. I've had the Z2 for a year and it defaulted on me by having its microphone go broken, so I'm a bit wary of Sony now.

On the other hand, there's a lot of Samsung stores aggressively opening in my country and there I could get great customer service. However, I don't know how the Galaxy A5 stands up against the Z3 compact and I heard their touchwiz and bloatware is horrible.Though price wise it doesn't matter, the A5 is cheaper than the Z3c.

I'm a casual phone user, who reads the news, chats, sparingly watches videos and sparingly plays games. I don't do intensive things on my phone, but it must be able to stack up against the Z2 as that's my bar standard for Android phones now.

Help me decide folks!

P.S. I'm going to college really really soon, and this phone is for college, so I'm looking for a 4 year life-span (and since college is where I will take a lot of selfies/pics, I guess camera is a bit important).

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I'd pick the Z3C simply because Samsung never supports their mid range phones with Android updates which means that there is a pretty good chance that if you buy A5 you will be stuck on Lollipop forever while Z3C will definitely get M and probably even beyond that. Also Z3C has much better battery life.
But if you don't trust Sony then Galaxy S5 will be a much better deal than the A5 and cost the same. S5 will get Android M and also has much better specs than the A5.
Alternatively you could buy the Asus Zenphone 2 or LG G3 as well.

thatdennis

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I'd pick the Z3C simply because Samsung never supports their mid range phones with Android updates which means that there is a pretty good chance that if you buy A5 you will be stuck on Lollipop forever while Z3C will definitely get M and probably even beyond that. Also Z3C has much better battery life.
But if you don't trust Sony then Galaxy S5 will be a much better deal than the A5 and cost the same. S5 will get Android M and also has much better specs than the A5.
Alternatively you could buy the Asus Zenphone 2 or LG G3 as well.

Yep giving Sony a second chance, it just looks way better than the A5. Already bought it and I have to say I'm very impressed, thanks!