high contrast texting? Nexus 6

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: high contrast texting?

Texting transmits characters, it doesn't transmit pictures, emojis, contrast, bolding - anything like that.

If you're talking about something on an iPhone, that's not texting, that's iMessage, something proprietary to Apple - they won't let anyone else use it. (iPhones also have a way of changing contrast but, since I don't use an iPhone, and wouldn't, I coudn't tell you anything about it, but some people at iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com might be able to.) If you're talking about a particular app, again that's not texting, that's sending messages with that particular app. "Texting" is strictly RFC 5724. Anything else is sending text from one computer to another. (English usage is getting so sloppy these days that you have to define almost every word you use to be sure that everyone understands what you're saying.) Email is sending text. The text part of Skype is sending text. IRC is sending text. None of them is texting.

So I have no idea what you mean by "high contrast texting", unless you have a phone or app that increases screen contrast for text, and we'd have to know what phone or app you're talking about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow