Upgrading from LG G2

zzxna

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
The time has come to recontract after 2 years with my LG G2.

The main things I look for in a phone are:

• Good battery Life
  • Decently sized screen (roughly the same as my G2 is ideal)
  • Ability to play games (e.g. Hearthstone, PvZ) without getting hot - this was a problem I faced with the G2
  • Wireless charging would be nice

In view of these criteria, I have a few questions:

1. Which phone should I upgrade to? I'm leaning towards the S6, though the battery seems questionable. Waiting might also be an option, though there does not seem to be anything significant coming along in the next 6 months.
  2. If S6, or some other phone, is the right choice, is now the right time? If I wait say 2 more months, will there be a price drop? It seems to me that the S6 will only drop in price when the S7 comes out.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Have you looked at the G4? LG really did well with the newest model.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aleksa Kia

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Trust me, dont upgrade. I had G2 and i upgraded to Xperia Z3 and it is not worth it at all. G2 has everything that you need . You can wait for the one plus two maybe?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes to an upgrade. And the G4 is great. Don't let the size dissuade you. I came from the Nexus 5 and was a little concerned about the size. But it's great in the hands and the pocket. I by no means have large hands either.

Also, you could just hold out for the new Nexus this fall. I, as well as everyone it seems, have high expectations for the new LG Nexus.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
The time has come to recontract after 2 years with my LG G2.

The main things I look for in a phone are:

• Good battery Life
  • Decently sized screen (roughly the same as my G2 is ideal)
  • Ability to play games (e.g. Hearthstone, PvZ) without getting hot - this was a problem I faced with the G2
  • Wireless charging would be nice

In view of these criteria, I have a few questions:

1. Which phone should I upgrade to? I'm leaning towards the S6, though the battery seems questionable. Waiting might also be an option, though there does not seem to be anything significant coming along in the next 6 months.
  2. If S6, or some other phone, is the right choice, is now the right time? If I wait say 2 more months, will there be a price drop? It seems to me that the S6 will only drop in price when the S7 comes out.

If you HAVE TO updgrade I'd say look at:

Galaxy Note 4 & Nexus 6, those two are probably the best Androids around if you don't mind their size.

Otherwise, you are not left with much as the S6 has average battery life at best, the Snapdragon 810 phones (One M9, Z3+ etc...) heat up and the G4 has a crap GPU.

Rather wait for the Note 5 if you like phablets, otherwise wait for the next Google Nexus. Avoid anything with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd say LG G4 with the folio case if you wanna stick with LG and want a removable battery and expandable storage.

The Galaxy S6 is also pretty good but the battery life is pretty mediocre when your usage is anything above pretty light.

I would say wait for the upcoming LG Nexus 5 2015 or any other new flagship that's coming if you can wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674