Amazon prime vs Google music

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Been using Google music (free trial) for awhile I have to start paying for it September since I will be using Amazon Prime for video streaming and free two day shipping how does Amazon Prime music compared to Google Music as in selection I listen to metal music hard rock

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Been using Google music (free trial) for awhile I have to start paying for it September since I will be using Amazon Prime for video streaming and free two day shipping how does Amazon Prime music compared to Google Music as in selection I listen to metal music hard rock
I really like the Amazon prime music section and the price (I am a Prime member). Love that I can download the music for when I am going to be offline. Also lets me save data. What I don't like is the player. Very limited options. Really wish they had EQ built-in. I have a EQ app that works but would be a lot nicer if it was part of the player.

BTW, this is not a comparison. I have never used Google music.
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm an Amazon Prime subscriber, so I've used Amazon Prime Music. It's kind of an afterthought for me, though. I sometimes use it just because I can; however, I don't think the selection of songs is that great.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Can I import songs that I have downloaded from CDs using Amazon player or do I need a separate player? I have music on my phone from which I downloaded from a laptop...

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
As a new user of Amazon Echo, my minds been more open to Amazon music but it is really tough due to the severe lack of "Prime" music options. It is nice for personal collections but I've gotten so used to subscription services with more choices (Currently on Groove but may move to Google Music) that it is hard to use this as my MAIN music collection. It may be good enough for my wife and kids for our personal collection or using "Prime Playlists"...but for a music fan like me, heading toward Google Music myself...

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Another added bonus to Google Play Music is that it includes YouTube Red, which offers ad-free YouTube, with ability to play in the background.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Another added bonus to Google Play Music is that it includes YouTube Red, which offers ad-free YouTube, with ability to play in the background.

This is also a huge bonus. It isn't something that I would say is a "must have" but it definitely is nice. I have been pretty happy clicking around YouTube and videos just starting right away.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm deciding between Google Play or Spotify as far as subscriptions. I've never subscribed to any service ever, so this is a big deal to me. I think I love Spotify!
Google Play - the songs cut off sometimes or they skip rapidly and I'll have to stop play, wait a minute and it starts correctly.

BHO mber

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm deciding between Google Play or Spotify as far as subscriptions. I've never subscribed to any service ever, so this is a big deal to me. I think I love Spotify!
Google Play - the songs cut off sometimes or they skip rapidly and I'll have to stop play, wait a minute and it starts correctly.
I have been a Spotify subscriber for like 3 years or more now. I love it, can download music for offline, Spotify streams the best quality, the radio is getting close to Pandora good, the selection is amazing, and they added this new playlist called discover weekly that resets every Monday that list new user based on what uou have been listening to.

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
No contest between Prime and GPM. They aren't even in the same league.

I left Spotify as I love the UI on GPM, the family plan, upcoming YouTube Red, having my own MP3s on there and direct play from the app to Sonos. I just think it offers me much better value than Spotify.

Posted via the Android Central App

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been a Spotify subscriber for like 3 years or more now. I love it, can download music for offline, Spotify streams the best quality, the radio is getting close to Pandora good, the selection is amazing, and they added this new playlist called discover weekly that resets every Monday that list new user based on what uou have been listening to.
Thanks, I've just got the 3 months premium for $.99 and I'll probably continue to pay after it ends.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I like the Family Plan (but still not offered yet on my account) and YouTube RED option. But now having an Amazon Echo, I love playing music through it (and Alexa). But on Amazon, I agree, no contest on the amount of subscribed music vs. Google Music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power