What phone should I buy? Note 5 vs G4 vs Moto X Style?

AceMilo

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using an HTC One M7 and it's on it's last leg. The battery has to be charged fully 3 times a day to get through the day, it's so slow I type something and it takes up to 30 seconds for the letters to appear, I miss calls because it doesn't register that I swiped to answer until the call is over, etc. I'm on Verizon and they refuse to let me upgrade until my contract is up on the 23rd. I was originally planning on getting the LG G4, but now I'm conflicted. Help me decide between the G4, Note 5, and Moto X Style. I know the Note 5 hasn't been announced yet (tomorrow it will be). My priorities are battery life, camera (the M7 takes purple pictures for crying out loud), and performance in that order. I may even take camera over battery. If you were in my shoes what would you get?

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
My same question! I'm a little happier with my S5 than you are with your HTC - so that adds another device to the equation, wait for the LG G4 Pro?

AceMilo

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I can wait for a G4 Pro, and from a little googling, I don't really want a 6" phone. I'm not opposed to the Note 5 but not having a removable battery is a big deal. I thought I could deal with it, but after dealing with my M7 I don't think I could do it again. It's really down to the G4 vs Moto X.

trsbbs

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
If you like using a SD card for more storage, a bigger battery than the Note 5 and have an IR blaster choose the Note 4. The "new" Note 5 does not have these.

dino019

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I also have the M7 32GB. I am pretty much maxed out on storage. I don't use the cloud for storage either. My decision has come down to the Note 5 or Edge+. G4 is out for me because of the controls/buttons on the back of the phone. My mom has a G3. I messed around with it and it is definitely weird to me. Maybe because I'm a lefty, I dunno, but the rear controls are definitely a no go for me. So that also means the the G4 Pro would also be a no go.
The main thing I am looking for is a damn good camera. S6/S6 edge, Note5 and Edge+ all fit in that category.
With 64GB I should be just fine. Lack of a micro sd slot doesn't matter to me. If worse comes to worse, I could just use the cloud.
With quick charge and "wireless" charging, I'm not too concerned about the 3,000mAh battery in the Note5 or Edge+.
I just can't decide which one to get though. A couple weeks ago I went to Best Buy and held the Note4, Note Edge, S6 & S6 edge. For me, I felt like I had a better grip on the edge versions of those phones. My only question there is, will that good grip feeling be lost when I put a case on it....most likely an Otterbox case?
I know the Note5 will be cheaper.....but I'm not so sure I will really use the S-Pen.
So, for me, coming from the craptastic M7, I really can't go wrong with the Note5 or Edge+. Maybe the new Nexus. But it looks like it might have the rear control/fingerprint scanner too.
I still have a month, until I am eligible to upgrade, to decide.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the G4 and I can tell you, the camera is flawless, the battery life gets me through the day then some and after disabling some stuff and uninstalling what I don't use, the phone fly's.

SnowSanta

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Question is easy,

If you want a simple and clean Android phone, you should definitly try the Moto X.

But, if you like some different types of camera and software etc. You should look to the s6 or g4.

I do not have any experience with htc

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

AceMilo

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably going to go with the Note 5. Best Buy is having a promotion to get a free wireless charger and 200 bucks back if you trade in a phone and my girlfriend needs a new laptop so that would help her. I'm kinda nervous about the battery but it can't be worse that what I have now.