Size of high end Androids......they're all too big!

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
To a lot of people, 7" is the perfect form factor for a tablet. Personally, I prefer 10", but I think it's safe to say anything 7 and up can be considered a tablet.

A tablet doesn't fit in the pocket lol.

I would have a galaxy tab if they came in a better size

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk!

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually liking the size of the 4" screen. I though t it was going to be too big, but now it is perfect.

I'm still trying to figure out what will be the right sized tablet for me. 7" seems like a good size, although I can see the benefits of a 10" screen as well. I think the bigger factor for a 10" screen would be weight. The plus side of things would be if there was a way to make calls from the tablet (even if it actually is calling from my phone). If all I had to deal with is one device in front of me, that works out even better. Heck, even give me a tablet that can call (using a bluetooth headset so I don't look like I've got a boom box to my ear).

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
What I find funny is android phone makers are making bigger phones because they understand people like bigger screens but the tablet makers are doing the opposite and making smaller screens while the best selling tablet is a larger screen!

Its like android makers want to do the opposite of what apple does!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
So happy the fed doesn't step in and say "hey!!!!" You all get 2 inch screens, and that is it nims! lol!

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have used a Captivate for 5+ months and I live its power and beauty, but I just recently purchased an HTC Aria and that little guy is an amazing device! Its pocketability is a huge plus for me.

My concern is that all the new high end phones are 4+ inches and I think that people would be surprised by how much they would love a high end 3.2" Android device.

Thoughts?

Teehee. I have a 5" Streak. Love it.

oversight

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Personally I think a 3.2 - 3.7 inch screens are way too small. This is especially true with onscreen keyboards, the buttons are too damn small. That size screen might be acceptable with a physical keyboard.

As much as love my EVO, I think the 4.3 inch screen might be a hair too big, certainly the largest screen I think I'd go for (unless it was a buttonless device). It's a slim phone and fits easily in my pocket, but it is a big device.

I do think the 4 inch screen size is just about perfect, that middle ground. It works well either as a full touch screen device, or with a keyboard. It's manageable and not too bulky.

Ultimately it comes down to personal preference.

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
This is a tough discussion to have because its all a matter of opinion. What's to c
big for one person in a phone is just right for another depending on your size, lifestyle and personal preference. For me the Droid X is an awesome size and when I see my wife's Droid 2 it seems incredibly small but thick. I also have a Nook Color that I got because I wanted a tablet without spending a fortune. The Nook is perfect size for the ereader it was made to be but is bordering on to small for a tablet in my opinion. If I could spent whatever I wanted on gadgets I would be getting a Xoom on release day but I have to live in the reality of a budget so I'm happy to have the Nook. I will start keeping my eye out for good prices on used 1st generation tablets when the second generation hits. For a secondary device like this I really don't mind being a generation behind for the right price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress