Face down or face up?

quest7

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you place your phone down or up? I like down to protect the screen, but do not like the otterbox case for it. I like the tpu case but it does not have a lip in the front.(using zerolemon extended battery).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which phone do you have? I generally keep my phones face up, unless they're on a soft surface. Putting it face down on on a hard surface might increase the risk of scratching if inadvertent weight is put on the phone, or if it gets bumped and slides across the surface.

quest7

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Which phone do you have? I generally keep my phones face up, unless they're on a soft surface. Putting it face down on on a hard surface might increase the risk of scratching if inadvertent weight is put on the phone, or if it gets bumped and slides across the surface.

Gs4 with zerolemon extended battery. So my choices are the zeroshock or tpu cases.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Do you place your phone down or up? I like down to protect the screen, but do not like the otterbox case for it. I like the tpu case but it does not have a lip in the front.(using zerolemon extended battery).
I generally have my phone face up as to not risk scratching the screen, and to keep any eye our for any incoming notifications.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Face up, as I can see the notification and/or notification light, etc. without having to flip it over.

Also, so that the screen doesn't get scratched if the phone gets knocked about the desk/table/whatever, as I don't use a case (haven't found one I like) or screen protector.

Phone: LG G4

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Face up at my desk, face down in meetings or when kids with sticky fingers and juice boxes are around.

My case has a lip that keeps the screen from touching the table surface, so it's well protected.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Note 5. Face up. If the phone slides while face down, there's a good chance the screen will get scratched up if no case with a lip is on it. Plus, I can see the notification LED.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Face up. The old Optimus G was a face down phone for me because the speaker was also on the back. The difference being I couldn't hear the Optimus G if it were face up. I also have the G4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non