Searching for a use for my old Galaxy S4

slobkabob

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Just bought a new Note 5 yesterday, upgrading from my trusty S4. I'm really confused as to what to do with my old S4 now. Traditionally, I've always sold them on eBay. I looked up prices and S4's seem to be going for around $100.

I don't really need the money but I can't think of any useful purpose for it either. It's still a solid phone; very responsive with no signs of physical or performance defects.

What have you done with your old phones other than selling them? Have you found a purpose for them around the house or office? If so, what?

Thanks!

syscrh

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I'd use it as a navigation system in my car or when I want to go hiking or biking. That's what I do with older phones I don't want to use anymore as my second phone.

slobkabob

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I'd use it as a navigation system in my car or when I want to go hiking or biking. That's what I do with older phones I don't want to use anymore as my second phone.

Doesn't that require a data plan? My data plan is on my new Note 5 now.

syscrh

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
No, I use OSMAnd+ for that and it's completely offline. You don't even need internet to start navigating to a specific place.
I've used it when I was abroad and didn't have mobile internet. No problem at all.

Btw: Here in Germany I can get 100 MB + unlimited slow internet for free (you get some SMs adverts but nothing else), so even then I'd have no problem. Unfortunately I don't know how much you have to pay for mobile internet where you live. ;)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My brother has my prized BlackBerry Q10, and my BlackBerry Bold 9780 is in a special place in storage. If you don't give your phone to a family member, etc, maybe save your S4 for a rainy day, or in case you need a back-up device. If you get stuck for a phone and your current device needs to be repaired, it's great to have a back-up! Especially one in good working order!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey