"Android Not Going To Be Big This Year" LOL yeah right

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
E

Fox didn't say android is done, that apple/ipad dev did.

Fox news is the only true media we have left. They actually do investigate reporting as where MSNBC spreads propaganda. Those media outlets are failing, Fox news is on the top for a reason and will remain on top as long as the mainstream media keeps reporting what they are "told" to and not the facts.

/end rant

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Fox News is garbage and is highly regarded that way.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Verizon does have a technology they will use with the Thunderbolt called SVDO which does support Voice/Data. So maybe they will switch to that instead since CDMA is better for voice calling and quality. Verizon has said they will start upgrading the network to SVDO so that everyone can use this feature in the future.

tekhinator

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Verizon does have a technology they will use with the Thunderbolt called SVDO which does support Voice/Data. So maybe they will switch to that instead since CDMA is better for voice calling and quality. Verizon has said they will start upgrading the network to SVDO so that everyone can use this feature in the future.
I did know that the thunderbolt will have Voice/Data but I didn't know they are actually planning to integrate to future devices. Sounds very cool and I know want the bolt more than ever!

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Android will definetly take over in time. People want customization. Android. People want variety of phones on all different networks. Android. People want open source projects, new updates regularly. Android. Its just a matter of time before android takes over computers, music players (galaxy player) and when people start to wake up and realize apple wants it their way and nothing is going to change that.

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Android will definetly take over in time. People want customization. Android. People want variety of phones on all different networks. Android. People want open source projects, new updates regularly. Android. Its just a matter of time before android takes over computers, music players (galaxy player) and when people start to wake up and realize apple wants it their way and nothing is going to change that.

You make a good point. Google is already heading that way w/ their chrome os and you see apple is to w/ osx lion. I bet apples big wigs were watching the event today to see how they can exploit the android system and match it.

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
He may have been mistaken but as the tablet market looks right now Android isn't that big compared to iPAD. Its a matter of time before Androids growth catches up but let's be honest these guys have not exactly proven adept at responding to changing markets.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Android tablets will take some time to catch up, but I see their future being very similar to Android on Smartphones. Think, just two years ago Android was basically nothing in terms of market penetration, now it's beginning to surpass Symbian as the worlds largest Smartphone OS!

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Fox News is garbage and is highly regarded that way.

not that your post deserves an answer. You are simply either biased or trying to make this policical

here are the numbers from 2-1-11.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/02/02/cable-news-ratings-for-tuesday-february-1-2011/81265

Stats don't lie my friend. You may think that they are not highly regarded but the public speaks with their remotes.

It is what it is.

back to the conversation. That analyst probably owns stock in Apple.

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
not that your post deserves an answer. You are simply either biased or trying to make this policical

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/02/02/cable-news-ratings-for-tuesday-february-1-2011/81265

Stats don't lie my friend. You may think that they are not highly regarded but the public speaks with their remotes.

It is what it is.

+1

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

It is what it is.

Just because the ratings are does not mean they are good for news. Those ratings are only based on Cable subscribers. If Fox News thinks Android is not going to be big. Well then they need better business analysts.

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Amazing how things like this actually become political....which is kind of sad. who cares if Fox is biased or not in this forum?

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
What Murdoch is doing will affect everyone. He is suing/hassling news aggregators, and charging for online viewing of his papers. I agree, most of them are trash.
BB has been around longer, and it was the "de rigueur" office phone for years. Apple and Android are going to wind up in the "Mac vs PC- ease of use" arena.
Those that want to just download apps as a no-brainer will probably want/stay with Apple. Itunes is a big reason.
Those who want the above, plus the ability to tinker will use Android.
I prefer Android so far as it isn't coming from a PC maker. I wouldn't want a windows phone, either. I don't care how fast or sexy it is.
Z

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
These are the same people that bought MySpace for $580 million (2005) immediately before MySpace sunk like a rock and got overrun by Facebook.

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again
-Battlestar Galactica

DK1102

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
If Fox News thinks Android is not going to be big. Well then they need better business analysts.

Fox News said nothing about Android being big or small. Rupert Murdoch said it.

The fact that you cant seem to distinguish between someone that Fox is paying as an analyst and someone who is being covered by Fox news says wonders about your comprehension skills.

Im not the first person to bring this up either. Others said the same thing pages ago and you ignore it.

As far as Murdoch goes. Who cares? He is putting his eggs in the trendy basket right now. Its business. A powerful media mogul is priming his pump for the price drop for the iPad coming. Some of you guys would be well served taking a business class or learning how to create hype. Stop taking **** so personally.

And I would bet money that he already has an Android Version ready to go at the drop of a hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool