Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

Default "Android Not Going To Be Big This Year" LOL yeah right

I was watching Fox Buisness News and then the guy who started "The Daily" news app thingy on iPad. I was watching and he went on to say that Android will not be big this year. I laughed. Yeah Right. That is why he decided to go with iPad instead of Android. He said that Android is not big and won't be big this year. I can't wait to see Android take over. And you know what Mr. Rupert Murdoch, we don't want your app anyway. Well I am speaking for some.

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts

He's a dinosaur that took this long to realize people are reading their news online / on mobile and not his ancient paper tablets ;p

Android is already huge, and with the phones / tablets coming out this year people who ignore its user base & potential will lose.

Newspapers are dying. He is still trying to make a dinosaur fit into today's society. Its funny to read all the older generation reporters comment on it and the more tech savvy younger journalists/blogs go "meh" I highly doubt Engadget, tech crunch, USA today, CNN, ESPN, etc. Are losing any sleep

Sent from my HTC Vision

The CNN app demoed today was pretty cool though

Sent from my HTC Vision

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Fox News is recognized as one of the worst in news today. Stop listing to them.. Maybe someone should send them the new numbers of Android taking over the 1st spot in smartphones.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Not to mention overtaking Symbian, which has had the global top spot for over a decade.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Its funny to see Android always on the bottom of the list of articles. Its always iPhone, Blackberry and Android. Everyone's always comparing new devices to the iPhone. They need to wake up and start comparing devices to Android. I'm gonna laugh when Android takes over.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    Its funny to see Android always on the bottom of the list of articles. Its always iPhone, Blackberry and Android. Everyone's always comparing new devices to the iPhone. They need to wake up and start comparing devices to Android. I'm gonna laugh when Android takes over.
    iPhone is a household name, unfortunately. It's like Kleenex. Kleenex isn't truly any better than any other tissue out there, but people go to that because of brand name. iPhone has that now...fortunately, I don't think that's going to last forever.

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    They already are.. Now it's time for Pro-Apple people to stop being in denial about it.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I agree w/ chris here. I saw an article in USA today about the vzw iPhone and why in the hell would anyone want a phone that is on a dying network plus it is already 7-8 months old. Oh wait it goes back to a house hold name. I have a iPhone and it is cool and a good phone, but after messing w/ my galaxy tab and watching the live event today wow was I truly impressed. The android os is going bypass iOS at the speed of sound. Plus If I could drop the iPhone and get the motorla atrix I would. Well I can but my wife would chock me.

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

I see you referenced fox news there. There credibility was destroyed a long time ago.

Also, why is VZW a dying network?

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Not vzw the CDMA network is. Once they have it up everywhere they will kill it.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Haha I'm glad you clarified that, I was thinking the same thing.

VZW needs to move to GSM just like every other carrier, the ability to stream data and voice calls seems to be stock nowadays and they have yet to jump on the bandwagon.
    Make sure to thank anyone who provides you some help or clarification on here.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by beandon View Post
    VZW needs to move to GSM just like every other carrier, the ability to stream data and voice calls seems to be stock nowadays and they have yet to jump on the bandwagon.
    Won't happen. LTE (which contrary to popular belief is *not* GSM based) is the future on Verizon. Fortunately, LTE probably has the brightest future of all of the 4G technologies.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

E
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Fox News is recognized as one of the worst in news today. Stop listing to them.. Maybe someone should send them the new numbers of Android taking over the 1st spot in smartphones.
    Fox didn't say android is done, that apple/ipad dev did.

Fox news is the only true media we have left. They actually do investigate reporting as where MSNBC spreads propaganda. Those media outlets are failing, Fox news is on the top for a reason and will remain on top as long as the mainstream media keeps reporting what they are "told" to and not the facts.

/end rant

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cordell View Post
    E

Fox news is the only true media we have left. They actually do investigate reporting as where MSNBC spreads propaganda. Those media outlets are failing, Fox news is on the top for a reason and will remain on top as long as the mainstream media keeps reporting what they are "told" to and not the facts.

/end rant

Both MSNBC & Fox news are crap. They just sling it from a different side.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    Won't happen. LTE (which contrary to popular belief is *not* GSM based) is the future on Verizon. Fortunately, LTE probably has the brightest future of all of the 4G technologies.
    I'd have to agree with that, their 4G technology does seem to be the most stable and has the most room for improvement. Its just sad that their holding on to such an old network as the fallback for right now.

Once they have all their handsets running on that LTE then things will be much smoother for them.

Tmob's HSPA+ just doesnt compare. And I have their service. lol
    Make sure to thank anyone who provides you some help or clarification on here.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Isn't AT&T going to LTE as well or the just beefing up their GSM network.

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jkurl View Post
    Isn't AT&T going to LTE as well or the just beefing up their GSM network.
    They are going LTE

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Quote Originally Posted by cordell View Post
    E

/end rant

Fox News is garbage and is highly regarded that way.

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Verizon does have a technology they will use with the Thunderbolt called SVDO which does support Voice/Data. So maybe they will switch to that instead since CDMA is better for voice calling and quality. Verizon has said they will start upgrading the network to SVDO so that everyone can use this feature in the future.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    ROM
    OMFGB 1.3.1/Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Verizon does have a technology they will use with the Thunderbolt called SVDO which does support Voice/Data. So maybe they will switch to that instead since CDMA is better for voice calling and quality. Verizon has said they will start upgrading the network to SVDO so that everyone can use this feature in the future.
    I did know that the thunderbolt will have Voice/Data but I didn't know they are actually planning to integrate to future devices. Sounds very cool and I know want the bolt more than ever!
    I am that dude that wishes Salma Hayek was my wife.
    Banned

Android will definetly take over in time. People want customization. Android. People want variety of phones on all different networks. Android. People want open source projects, new updates regularly. Android. Its just a matter of time before android takes over computers, music players (galaxy player) and when people start to wake up and realize apple wants it their way and nothing is going to change that.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by makav3ll1 View Post
    Android will definetly take over in time. People want customization. Android. People want variety of phones on all different networks. Android. People want open source projects, new updates regularly. Android. Its just a matter of time before android takes over computers, music players (galaxy player) and when people start to wake up and realize apple wants it their way and nothing is going to change that.
    You make a good point. Google is already heading that way w/ their chrome os and you see apple is to w/ osx lion. I bet apples big wigs were watching the event today to see how they can exploit the android system and match it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast