Would the Xperia C4 be a good buy?

neodk

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
This is an old thread, but I will respond in about three hours after I have purchased my C4. I was using a Galaxy S4 T-Mobile prepaid as my daily driver but knowing it won't get Lollipop officially and the battery on the device being devastatingly horrendous, I figured just about anything at this point would be a better buy.

I just wish the 16GB, 2GB RAM Moto G was available from Best Buy in store. I would have jumped on that model in a heartbeat as it's mostly pure Android. However, I'm curious to see if the 64-bit octa core processor on the C4 demonstrates better overall performance than the Galaxy S4 I had been using. The only reason I bought the Galaxy S4 was because I had store credit with Walmart knocking down the price of a "new" Galaxy S4 to around $200. What I didn't realize (gosh this is a long post going off on a tangent) is that the phone likely sat on the shelf for upwards of a year or more before being purchased by me. I'm sure the battery wasn't 100% when I started using it. Eventually it would overheat, so I had to get rid of it. (I was within the 14-day return policy)

neodk

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
In the end I returned the C4. The phone suffered from serious amounts of lag during basic operation and I found using it to be cumbersome more than enjoyable or fluid. I had a few "wonderful" experiences with the phone freezing up. I found the cameras on the device to be lacking despite the supposed quality name behind them. I don't take selfies, so the 13MP rear shooter was the one I was most concerned about and I didn't like the shots I had taken with it. I also found the camera to start up slowly, take too long to focus and not produce a great shot under near-optimal conditions outdoors.

I returned the phone to Best Buy and received a gift card that I used towards the purchase of a Huawei P8 Lite. In terms of size, features, and usablity - it's a big win for me and I'm glad that I put the extra $20 down (as of this writing Best Buy marked down the phone from $250 to $220) to get another device that would better suit my needs. Oddly enough, I saw a One X go up for sale locally on Craigslist but the seller wants $325 for the phone. I'm sure they wanted to use AT&T with it and didn't check the bands ahead of time. At least I know with this Huawei I could go to AT&T if I needed to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane