Why aren't there any new Android phones with a 5 screen, my SD card slot and removable battery?

A

AC Question

Why aren't there any new Android phones with a 5" screen, mSD card slot and removable battery?

I did a tonne of searching and asking before I bought my last phone, which is the LG G3. I bought it right before the G4 came out (damnit). I compromised as my three criteria were:

5" screen
mSD card slot
Removable battery

But last I checked there are still NO Android devices that have these three simple things. Like I said, I compromised and got the G3, which has a 5.5" screen. The screen is probably the thing I could "bend" on the most, but Ideally I would love a 5" screen, or close to that size. 5.5" is too big. 4.7" is probably too small, but between those is fine.

The HTC One M9 and Oppo R7 come close, but both have embedded batteries. And Samsung are embedding their batteries now, which is a bummer.

Thoughts?

Are there any newly released phones that actually DO fit those three criteria that I've missed somehow?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why aren't there any new Android phones with a 5" screen, mSD card slot and removable battery?

Sadly not, phones are getting bigger and thinner. LG seem to be the only ones that still offer removable batteries. You could go for a Moto phone, which has an SD card facility, but sadly their batteries are sealed.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why aren't there any new Android phones with a 5" screen, mSD card slot and removable battery?

Was going to suggest the xperia z5 compact or moto g 2015 but yeah both have sealed batteries.

Posted via the Android Central App

delmadan

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site

Guess it's more profitable to omit those features.