any Rugged Androids that are half decent

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Currently a proud owner of my square BB Passport, but it is falling apart, and one day I will probably need to get a new phone. While I love the Priv in look, and would consider another passport. I did want to stop into the ol' Droid hub and ask a few questions.

In my line of work, concrete, wood shavings, dirt, etc are all pretty standard... remote areas, patchy coverage etc.

I need a solid phone with an above average antenna, and when I say "solid" like a Sonim XP7 but some decent hardware.

I looked at Runbo phones... they look too good to be true and I cant find ANY reviews on them that aren't by runbo lol.

Sonims have good antennas from anecdotal evidence i got from a buddy of mine with his sonim (non smart) phone. but the xp7 seems to be lackluster in performance and doesn't have a SD slot... which my SDcard needs a home for.

CAT phones don't seem to be great from reviews..

sooo what say you? I understand "just get a case" mentality but "case protected" vs just being protected does mean something to me.

Thanks all!
Jordan.

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Well the best rugged phones that I have seen aren't really flagship level phones that you seem to want. Your best bet seems to be the new turbo 2 or V10 but they are just more durable than regular phones and not really ruggedized.

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Jordan, the first question would be how much do you want to pay for such a phone? If price is not a problem I would go for the Turbo 2/Moto X Force. If that's a bit pricey for you maybe the X Play/Maxx 2 should be the one. There are not many phones with better antennas than the Motos.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Javier. Otherwise, you are looking at flagship devices (Samsung, HTC, etc.) paired with a rugged case (Otterbox).

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi Jordan, the first question would be how much do you want to pay for such a phone? If price is not a problem I would go for the Turbo 2/Moto X Force. If that's a bit pricey for you maybe the X Play/Maxx 2 should be the one. There are not many phones with better antennas than the Motos.

Hey! The force looks neat when it comes out. Ip68 with some good specs. Thanks for the ideas. Part of me still loves my BlackBerry keyboards sooo I'm not in a huge hurry.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa