Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Your favorite announcement from MWC?

We saw a ton of Android at Mobile World Congress, and that's a really good indication of just what kind of year 2011 will be for Android fans like you and I.

With so much to absorb, it's always fun to see what everyone else feels is their favorite -- that's what this thread is for

Take a minute to go over it all one more time and let's hear what you think was the best Android news from Barcelona!

And of course I have to start with mine

The Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo
    Yeah, it will probably be locked up tighter than a drum, and it runs SE's Timescape UI over Android, but I'm really digging the "boat" shape. And since I have a bunch of phones here to hack on, I guess I can overlook it all and use it stock. As long as the hardware is up to SE standards, including the camera, I'll deal with it.
    Now bring it to the US please.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts

The Google Booth
    That place is paradise and made me really jealous. I hope they return next year with an equal if not a more awesome booth design and 'play pen'.

and if the booth doesn't count, then the Viewsonic 350.
    That dual-sim phone is pretty awesome and sure as heck solves a lot of problems for travelers.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 1.1-CM7-Stock

the fact there is a wifi only xoom and the price is reasonable to a little high

ROM
    ICS

my choice is the HTC Incredible S! it might be the DINC2, but a larger screen is def a huge plus. i love that the buttons rotate depending on which way your holding it. i pick the INC S

ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

Either Wifi XOOM or Galaxy S2. Not sure which

Biggest dissapointment: HTC Announcements. Would be cool if they had some competition to the high end moto/samsung phones. They build is awesome, the internals aren't. Expected more from them.

Definitely the Galaxy S2. That phone is sweet!
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

Galaxy S2 and Tab 10.1

SGS 2!

best smartphone: HTC Desire S (best looking design + smooth running system, it's not all about the power ! )

best tablet: HTC Flyer (only tablet that looks different from all the others and introduces new features that no other tablet manufacters has come with --> changed their own gui for tablet, new pen feature ...)

best folow-up: LG, like the balls they have to jump into the 3D screens/cameras, now I'm only curious how many hours it can last ...

ROM
    Stock

My favorite announcements were the new processors coming from NVIDIA and Qualcomm. These announcements shook a lot of people up and even made some re-evaluate their future purchases...

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    boring ol' stock

My favorite announcement at MWC was that there was no Kyocera Echo announcement at MWC!
    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->EVO 4G-->EVO 3D-->Droid Razr Maxx-->Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

I second the nvidia quad-core annoucement. When I read it I was like yeah I knew it was coming, in maybe a year or two, but 6 months, my jaw dropped. I didn't think it was possible at this stage of the game.
    Banned

The fact that the "Cha Cha" and "Salsa" will only be on AT&T and not Sprint...

And of course that the Xoom will have a WiFi only version...

In terms of phone hardware, I'd say either the LG 3D or Samsung Galaxy S 2. I'm very partial to the Galaxy line(using the epic atm) due to how amazing the screen is- no other android phone comes even remotely close to them, and the S 2's SAMOLED+ just furthers that gap. As for the 3D, the specs are great...

But my biggest surprise was the quad-core announcement, didn't expect that until next year at the least. If I don't upgrade my laptop, my cellphone will have more cores than it come August. WTFruit.

What I was looking mostly to hear about wasn't mention. "When the heck will Gingerbread 2.3 be released to the EVO
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quad core tabs & phones this year
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.
    Perfect Screen Shot Ad Free (App)
    Perfect Screen Shot (App)

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Samsung Galaxy S 2

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

The quad core chips "Krait" and "Kal-El"

Sent from my HTC EVO with Tapatalk Pro

Galaxy tab 10.1 and Galaxy S2 for their share powerhouse, but lets not forget the hp touchpad.