Blacklisted HTC One M9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I brought a n HTC One M9 from a used cellphone store. The phone is a T-Mobile phone and I purchased it to work on Metropcs network. The IMEI did not cause the phone to not work on the network so I brought their card and have been using the phone for 2 days now. Then I started to get worried that the phone maybe blacklisted if the previous owner purchased the phone on a payment plan. I went to T-Mobile website to check the IMEI number and sure enough the phone is blacklisted because the previous owner still owes money on the phone. The phone works great on metropcs. But I'm worried that since metropcs uses T-Mobile network that the phone will someday not work. I don't want spend another $500 when the M10 is soon to be released. Do you think that my phone will become a paper weight soon?

No, I cannot return the phone because the store has a no refund policy, only store credit and I rather not go through this again. Again the phone is working on the metropcs network. I have no issues. I'm only worried that the phone will not last until I can purchase the M10 when it comes out.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You may want to threaten legal action against the vendor, who I should imagine had no right to sell you the phone. They in turn could do the same to whoever sold it to them.

Posted via the Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Not just used but even sealed phones including with receipts are blacklisted. One can just report that the receipt was in the bag when it was stolen.

I think CARRIERS pushed this to eliminate the Buy & Sell market and wants everyone to buy retail.

It worked ever since I learned about it a few years ago, all my upgrades was purchased at carrier or shops. It's not worth the risk of saving a few hundred.

All good things come to an end. :(

I even complained saying there's just too much power by the individual.

I remember the last time I tried buying, I ask the seller to meet at Rogers store so when can transfer the EMEI to my account...

All I got was, I don't drive or have a car. Or simply ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy