Google Fi competency

greg dyer

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
After one week of Google Fi, I'm extremely disappointed. So I save 15$ on my monthly bill (coming from Straight Talk), but now I don't have a dependable phone. I'm giving it a month and I will be trying to get issues fixed. I am letting Fi know about the poor phone service and I'm getting a couple hints. I'll try them, but the absurdity of having an instruction book to punch a bunch of buttons to fix their poor network connectivity does more than sting. It hurts. I'm downright embarrassed to explain to people why I haven't received their phone calls or been able to contact them. My dad has resisted smartphones successfully and seems to take a perverse pleasure in seeing Google accept my money and provide a beautiful phone (actually they didn't provide anything, I bought my phone on Amazon) that DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK. I suppose if I loan my device to my wife, I will need to send with her an instruction manual for when the phone doesn't work-clear the cache, put it on airplane mode for 30 seconds, restart.... Wow, I don't think I'll go down that road. I'll use my Nexus 6 for the rest of the month as a trial period, but I am not going to send my wife down the road with a "maybe it will work, maybe it won't" phone. The last customer service rep I talked to spewed out some line about Google helping with "slow" service. There is no such thing as "slow" telephone problems. It either works or it don't. My prediction is that phone service will not improve and Google will blame it on Sprint and T-mobile. Well, Google, I'm not buying service from Sprint and T-Mobile. Don't pretend to offer phone service to areas that you can't cover. If Straight talk can do it, then it is possible for Google to do it also. How embarrassing to explain to people why my phone service is undependable. I have "Google" as a provider. They say, "I didn't know Google provides phone service", to which I reply, "Yeah, so far, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't......"

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My experience with Fi was just fine -- It really depends on Sprint & T-Mobile in your area though. As always .. carriers are very area dependent. If they are bad in your area then you will have a bad experience. You always have to do research before switching carriers due to this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007